Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Connected/Disconnected, and lock screen not turning off

(Topic created on: 22-07-2023 06:20 PM)
ellaburns
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I have the Samsung A51 5G and I am having an issue with a notification pop up of "usb connected" and "USB disconnected". My lock screen also will not turn off. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks 
4 REPLIES 4
12daisy12
Journeyman
Options
if it constantly says its disconnecting and connecting so your screen won't turn off try cleaning the charging port with ethanol and a toothpick
0 Likes
SanukaK
Explorer
Options
EDIT: This issue has mostly just disappeared by itself and I don't seem to get it anymore. I found that powering of your device for a few hours (such as overnight) then turning it back on gets rid of this issue, and also try sticking to the phones original charging cable. You might also find what I wrote below useful if this issue is still happening for you:

I sometimes randomly experience this as well, before it was just the usb connection notification but now the screen won't turn of either (it just keeps returning to the lock screen and won't go black). I've tried developer settings, cleaning the charging port and other things to at least stop the annoying notifications but nothing worked permanently. However if you are still experiencing the screen not turning off, then I found a temporary fix and I think it should work each time.

FIX: connect a different (USB C) cable to the charging port but don't plug the other end in or turn it on. Just plug it in and out of the port a few times and this will allow the screen to turn off. once it turns off you can disconnect the cable. make sure the cable is different from the one you usually use to charge.

As of right now, I still get the usb connection notifications and the charging time can be longer/shorter battery life than usual. It could be a hardware issue but I'm certain it's to do with a software bug with the charging port.
0 Likes
JordanS
Options

You can rule out a software issue by performing a hardware test on the port. Open up Samsung Members > Support > Diagnosis > View Test > USB. 

Members_7hjxAAi
Student
Options

I have the same problem with my Samsung A24  

0 Likes