Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update issues - Since the last update (6.0 UI) I am unable to play any UHD videos on my galaxy A52

(Topic created on: 27-03-2024 09:52 PM)
Codexz
Apprentice
Options

Since the last update (6.0 UI) I am unable to play any UHD videos on my galaxy A52, FHD videos are playable though. I wonder if anyone else have the same issue as mine?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

The A52 has an FHD screen so the maximum resolution on screen will be FHD.

Are you saying 4k (UHD) won't play at all or only at 1080p (FHD)?

Are you getting an error message? For example a codec message which indicates your device doesn't support the file format???
Codexz
Apprentice
Options

Well before the update i could play any video on my phone, be it UHD, 4K, or anything else. 

Now after the update, any UHD video is not playable in any way, it says: can't play video, video type not supported. Even though those videos are recorded by my phone camera itself. So if you have any idea about this issue I'd appreciate your help.

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like your native video player not supporting the codec.

Couple of options jump out.....

1. Clear cache from your video player, reboot device

2. Try another player such as VLC from Google Play Store

3. Perform a Wipe Partition Cache to see if you have any temporary cached files conflicting.
Codexz
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the tips. I played the videos on VLC and it worked. Still the main Samsung media player is not working, but I'll stick to VLC until the problem is solved. Thanks again. 

0 Likes