Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts-Sent/Received dates/times

(Topic created on: 15-01-2024 01:49 PM)
Michael2112
Apprentice
Options

My old phone-some cheap junk-used to tell me the arrival date/time of a text,my Samsung Galaxy A-12 tells me the date/time I received the text but not the date/time the text was sent-as my old phone did.Can this be fixed or am I simply not looking in the right place on my phone ?.

Thank you.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
samhodg86
Pioneer
Options
Are you using Samsung messages app or Google messages app? I've just looked on my samsung messages app and even on my replies I've got a time and date (samsung a14)
0 Likes
Michael2112
Apprentice
Options

Being a bit of a Luddite I'm not sure which of those two I'm using,I presume it's the Samsung one...and although I'm getting the time/date the text arrives,I'm NOT able to see when the text was sent.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Michael2112: On Samsung Messages (Icon = White bubble on a blue background), the messages will be sorted by the date they were sent, with the time visible to the left of the text itself. For full details, press and hold on the sent message bubble > View details.

For Google Messages (Icon = blue bubble on a white background), the texts will be sorted by the date they were sent, and the time will be visible below the last text you sent. For full details, press and hold on the sent message bubble > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > View details.

Michael2112
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the info but it`s not working.When i tap the 3 dots on the page of messages it reads-from top to bottom...

Delete messages

Search messages

Notification

Catagory

Customise chat room....

When i tap and hold a message a bubble opens with-again from top to bottom....

Delete

copy text

Select text

Forward

Star message

View details....when i tap View details it shows the phone number of the person who has sent the text but NOT the time it was actually sent.

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Try Google Messages. It shows both sent and received time.

Screenshot_20240115_193724_Messages.jpg

0 Likes
Michael2112
Apprentice
Options

Thanks i will but...once again i`m showing just how dim i can be,does that mean i have to use/download a Google messages app-or similar-to replace the one i`m using ?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Michael2112
Apprentice
Options

Just a quick heads-up on why this issue may seem petty to some.As i`m a Misanthrope and not very sociable or i`m just not in a good mood then sometimes my phone can be switched off completely for a day,two days,four days etc etc so that when i do turn the phone on,i may have a load of messages waiting but i have no idea when they were sent and hopefully any/all of them did not require urgent attention...I have installed the Google Messaging app and it has given me the results i was after,pity i can`t get rid of the Samsung messages app as now i`ve got two and one of them taking up space.Thanks to you all for your help on this one,i appreciate it.

Neo001
Legend
Options

Google Messages app should installed by default. If it is not, then you can download it from Google Play Store.

Screenshot_20240116_110641_Google Play Store.jpg

Once you open Google Messages app, you can set it up as default app for messages.

Screenshot_20240116_111014_Permission controller.jpg

0 Likes
Neo001
Legend
Options

Samsung Messages app cannot be uninstalled, but you can hide it so that it is out of your way.

Settings > Home Screen > Hide apps on Home and Apps screens

0 Likes