Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text but no calls

(Topic created on: 29-03-2023 11:39 AM)
Pattrex
First Poster
Options
I have been given a Samsung A52 by a close family member. It worked no problem for him but since he reset it before giving it to me it will send texts but try to make a call and while the screen shows it making a call it never connects.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
CarlH
Options

HI @Pattrex. Have you tried a different SIM card or contacted your network provider to see if there is an issue on their part? 

0 Likes
Pattrex
First Poster
Options
Have got new sim card from virgin but still the same. Will contact them about it though. Many thanks
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Pattrex , that is fine. Would you be able to confirm if you are able to receive calls? Is the coverage in the area good when that happens? 

0 Likes
Pattrex
First Poster
Options
Excellent coverage but doesn't receive call either
0 Likes
Pattrex
First Poster
Options
It is a permanent thing
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Pattrex: Please can you try heading to the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Supplementary services > Call barring, and toggle off 'All incoming calls' and 'All outgoing calls', if applicable. 

If these options aren't enabled, head to Settings > Connections > Mobile networks > Access point names, and make sure that your network is selected here. If not, tap the 3 dots in the top right and hit 'Reset to default' to see if this helps. Furthermore, tap the Back button > Network operators, and toggle on 'Select automatically'. You can also try heading to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings, although please be aware that this will also reset your Wi-Fi, Mobile Data and Bluetooth settings.

0 Likes
Pattrex
First Poster
Options

Hi, I tried the ‘call barring’ tip (didn’t have passcode so couldn’t turn it on and off) and also turned off Wi-Fi calls plus the other tips you gave and it started making and receiving calls. After a while it stopped working so this morning I tried toggling call barring feature (obviously it won’t work as I don't have pass code but phone takes 15-20 seconds to figure it out then rejects me)  and it works again. WiFi calls was already off this morning.

0 Likes