Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some questions regarding the Samsung Galaxy A34 5G battery management

(Topic created on: 10-07-2023 06:40 PM)
Rick17
Explorer
Options

Hello,

I have some questions regarding the proper management of my smartphone battery. Maybe you can help me.

First, some important information:

-The model is Galaxy A34 5G 256 Gb.

-It came without a battery charger, only with a USB-C cable.

-There doesn't seem to be any «normal»/«slow» chargers in the market, so I bought a super fast one (25 W).

Now the questions:

1-Is it bad for the battery life to use super fast charging?

2-How can I charge it normally/slowly? The only way seems to connect it to something that has a USB input, like my laptop: can I do it? Is it harmful?

Because my laptop is a bit old I have to connect it to the smartphone using a USB 2.0 - USB-C adapter? Is there a problem in using it?

3-Is it possible to use the super fast charger for slow charging by disabling the option for fast charging on the smartphone settings? Will it work has a slow charger? And is it harmful to do it?

4-Is it harmful to charge my smartphone while it is on (without using it, just leaving it on, charging, while I'm doing some other thing)? Or it is better to turn it off?

5-As far as I know, I should not charge it over 85%. And when should I charge it? What's the advised mininum percentage? 30, 35, 40%?

That's it. I hope you can help me.

Kind regards!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
keith30
Maestro
Options
They no longer come with the charger, only the cable is supplied now. Usually the 25w is the type to use
Rick17
Explorer
Options

Thank you for your feedback.

If someone can also answer my other questions, I would be much obliged.

0 Likes
Tractor777
Explorer
Options
1. Not bad, probably extends battery life a bit too use fast charge rather than super fast

2. No problem

3. Turn off super fast charging in battery options

4. No

5. 30% is fine, don't worry
0 Likes