Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since yesterday, Mobile hotspot automatically turns off even when it is used

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Members_j4epk9G
Apprentice
Options

Since yesterday my mobile hotspot turns off automatically eben when it is used on my mobiles, A52 5g and A51 as well. When I checked the Mobile Hotspot menu it said no device connected, no data shared today, even I used my laptop on it for hours browsing internet. I have updated both phones yesterday with Samsung  Galaxy store and Google play.
Both has downloaded 3 Samsung quick share apps. I think it is a bug in the recent updates, becasue it worked fine up to yesterday, have never had any issues with mobile hotspot before. Now I turned off Auto turn off when it is idle for a while and it works without any problems. Samsung, please fix your bug! 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hey there

If you have Auto Turn Off turned on, then of course it will turn it off after however long.

You've fixed your own issue.
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Have you had any other updates like OTA feature updates recently. If so try wiping the cache partition

You will need to plug into a working device or pc/laptop.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/
0 Likes
Members_j4epk9G
Apprentice
Options

Great, auto turn off should be turning it off mobile hotspot, when nothing is connection to it and not sharing data. When I am browsing on my laptop and it disconnects it, that is not how it should work. And it was fine up to yesterday for years.

0 Likes
Members_j4epk9G
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, I will try it

Members_j4epk9G
Apprentice
Options

Ok, I got some update on this.
Problem is still exists after the cache partion wipe. But I have found out what is the problem: When Windows 11 laptop connects to the phones, phone says that no device is connected and does not count any data usage, thus it turns off the mobile hotspot after the set up turn off idel time. But when my tablet connects to the mobile hotspot the tablet shows in the connected devices and the data usage is calculated. This is a new thing because before last week everything worked fine on both devices.

0 Likes