Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several Apps not working. A52

(Topic created on: 24-07-2022 04:56 PM)
Idlewild
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Having issues with apps on my A52 for the last few days. They either load incredibly slowly, or not at all. Some apps still work fine (Facebook), whereas others won't load properly or refresh with new content (Instagram, Strava, Email, BBC Weather).

I have applied the latest updates to my phone.

I have cleared the cache on all the apps that aren't working properly.

I have uninstalled and downloaded all the apps again.

I have restarted my device.

I have reverted back to an older version of 'Android System Webview '. - this temporarily seemed to improve the issue but the problem has returned again today.

Has anyone else had similar issues and is there anything more I can try? I've never had an issue that affects so many different apps - incredibly frustrating!

Thanks

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I can well imagine this being frustrating @Idlewild 

Here is what I'd suggest to do.

I appreciate you've cleared the individual app cache but please try clearing the phone's System Partition Cache Files via Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

Also sometimes Safe Mode can help as a troubleshooting tool.

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

One very last resort is to back up and factory reset.

Feedback and any relevant error reports can be sent via your Samsung Members App.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "