Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Keyboard not working correctly

(Topic created on: 18-07-2022 05:19 PM)
Anglotiger
Student
Options

A few days ago, after about a year of use, my Samsung Keyboard (5.4.70.16) on my Galaxy A32 5G phone started behaving bizarrely. 

When typing, alternate characters (seemingly randomly) will sometimes show up instead of the character I entered.  The alternate characters are for the key that I pressed, but I didn't hold the key too long - I just typed normally.  I've tried resetting the keyboard, turning off the alternate characters entirely (well, when I looked they were already turned off) etc, but nothing seems to work.

This seems to happen ever 6-7 characters that I enter, so it's a real problem.

Please advise...

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anglotiger
Student
Options

I might have solved my own problem, although I'm not sure how...

As I mentioned, the alternate characters were already turned off - but I could still see them on the keyboard.  I went into the settings, turned them on and then off again, then restarted the phone.  That seems to have fixed it - they no longer appear on the keys.

I don't understand how they got turned on, why the settings said they were off when they were on, or why I had to restart the phone after toggling back and forth in the settings to "fix" it - but, hopefully, posting this might help others with the same issue.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
Anglotiger
Student
Options

I might have solved my own problem, although I'm not sure how...

As I mentioned, the alternate characters were already turned off - but I could still see them on the keyboard.  I went into the settings, turned them on and then off again, then restarted the phone.  That seems to have fixed it - they no longer appear on the keys.

I don't understand how they got turned on, why the settings said they were off when they were on, or why I had to restart the phone after toggling back and forth in the settings to "fix" it - but, hopefully, posting this might help others with the same issue.

0 Likes