Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A54 Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 21-08-2023 01:56 PM)
Rerija
Apprentice
Options

Hello, it's been almost 1 week since I bought my A54 and the battery barely reaches 3 hours of daily screen time... I have 60hz refresh rate, no vibration, nothing strange, but nothing lasts. I also have all apps inactive. I see what happens to more users, I have the latest update of July 2023. What is happening on this phone?

Screenshot_20230821_145515_Device care.jpg

Screenshot_20230821_145505_Device care.jpg

  

17 REPLIES 17
JordanS
Options

From your screenshots, it's hard to decipher due to the level of charge you have taken them at. It's best to run down to 50% or less for a better overview. 

Something that wouldn't show up on the Battery Usage screen, would be battery drain due to low network signal. We can see you have 2 bars of signal there. In areas of low signal, this can increase power consumption as it tries to maintain a connection. When spending the day in an area with strong signal, you should notice a stark difference. If you have a weak signal at home, your network provider may be able to help improve this. 

0 Likes
Rerija
Apprentice
Options

Hello, right now I have taken that capture, and the signal is low, yes, but being in other environments the same thing happens, the battery drains incredibly and for no reason, in the background or using the phone from time to time, every 5 minutes drains 1%... I see in the community that this is happening to a lot of people, I don't know if it's a hardware or software problem, really...

0 Likes
JordanS
Options

We understand that. We were mentioning the signal strength as it is often overlooked when considering battery performance. If you have great signal most of the time, it shouldn't be a contributor.

Run your phone down to 50% or less, then share some screenshots for a better analysis. We also have some handy guides on improving battery performance here and here

0 Likes
Rerija
Apprentice
Options

Hello, I assure you that I have executed all the actions that they indicate to me, but unfortunately the battery of this phone is an absolute failure, the truth is... I don't know why Samsung, despite the 5 thousand mah, the performance of its batteries is painful. ..a pity because I like the phone.

LondonSomerset
First Poster
Options
Try battery saver
0 Likes
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
I have an A54 and usually get a full days use with about 3 to 5hrs of screen on time and about 40 to 50 battery percentage left at the end of day. Normally I take my phone off charge in morning and back on charge overnight at around 12 midnight. It might be worthwhile resetting the cache and data in the device health services and device care apps to reset the battery app data. This will reset the battery stats whilst it starts learning your usage pattern again for a few days, so would be at your risk if you wanted to reset the apps. I also have my display set to 120hz.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please can you post the stats at the end of a full charge? That is the best way for us to see what's happening.

Thanks
0 Likes
DrWage
Pathfinder
Options

I suggest logging battery usage daily. Once every 24 hours and ideally again overnight.

The big problem is that you use your smartphone and the battery consumption fluctuates. This makes problem finding difficult, that's why overnight logging is so important. Also, make sure there aren't so few apps running in the background or any ***** open.

I have a specific problem with my Samsung Galaxy A14:
-After 9 to 10 days of system runtime, the battery consumption at least doubles.
-Normally 2% battery consumption per day is ok with MY settings, as soon as the problem occurs it is >5%
-Restarting the smartphone solves the problem, but only for 9 to 10 days.

Would be nice if you give feedback. Please keep making screenshots, log and try.
0 Likes
bocajthomas0
Pioneer
Options
My A13 LTE battery been a bit weird for the past month gets to like 30 - 15% then drops to 0 in less then 50 seconds I need help with this Screenshot_20230824_012509_Device care.jpg
0 Likes