Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A50 problem

(Topic created on: 01-04-2020 07:32 PM)
vittoh316
First Poster
Options

Hi there! Hoping someone can help - I have a Samsung Galaxy A50 and after a last software update of the phone this is what happened:

SYMPTOMS

a) all videos regardless of the application used are playing on fastforward with no sound (maybe 4x speed - sometimes not smooth 4x speed either, the frames seem to skip). This happens on all apps incl youtube, netflix, amazon prime, including videos I have been sent via WhatsApp. 

b) there is no sound on the phone at all - nothing when I play music, it doesn't ring when someone calls me, and even though i can pick up the call, I can't hear the other person's voice and they cant hear mine

c) I just tried to take a video on my camera and it seemed to jam when I hit "stop" (ie the video didnt capture at all, I was able to start recording but it didnt let me stop the recording, i had to close down camera app)

d) Also the weird thing is bluetooth earphones work (sound comes back on and videos play at normal speed) but PLUG IN earphones dont work (no sound and videos still fast forwarded)

e) Also i tried wipe clean catch and reeboting it didn't work. 

Pleas help me im gonna lose my mind

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @vittoh316 

I see your not having a good user experience with your phone !

There are a number of inbuilt tests you can try by going over to your dial pad and type in *#0*#, this will bring up a number of tests.

If no joy then First try Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens. If it stops then one or more of your apps are causing this. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent apps one at a time until it stops.

If the issue does not stop in Safe Mode then..

1. Turn the phone off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phones system files and clear the cache.  No info is lost this way.

If no help....

2. Back up and remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset as a last resort.

If no help.....

3. Use a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre when they re open due to COVID-19.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
WK0000
First Poster
Options

I experience exactly the same symptoms... did a factory reset solche the problem?

0 Likes
vittoh316
First Poster
Options

no unfortunately 

0 Likes
WK0000
First Poster
Options

I've tried every measure mentioned above (except for the factory reset), without success.

What finally solved the problem was updating ALL apps I've installed via Play Store, so everything is back to normal now!

0 Likes
WK0000
First Poster
Options
To mention for completeness: I also cleared the cache after updating everything in Play Store
0 Likes
akheel
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I bought Samsung A50, In KSA I can't call record, Please suggest to me 

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@akheel 

Due to certain regions privacy laws call record may not be an in-built option to choose.

You could have a look in the Playstore. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes