Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung galaxy A13 app problems UPDATE

(Topic created on: 29-09-2022 11:34 PM)
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I bought a Samsung galaxy A13 5 months ago and started having problems opening an app that i have never had issues with before, i have tried everything, as soon as i put my email in it puts the password in in a split second and then says in red letters " we couldn't find your account with those details.  Please check and try and again " anyone have any ideas please?
NEW UPDATE ABOUT AN APP PROBLEM. 
I have tried all the trouble shooting options that everyone has kindly messaged me me unfortunately no success, I think it is my a 12 and a 13 Samsung mobile phones because I have have a Samsung Galaxy S7 which was my first phone and is now used as a spare phone and on that phone phone I can access my electricity account no problem and it is on the same network as all my other phones. Someone recommended to me too to clear the cache clear the data in the app on my A12 and A13 phones then force it to stop and then restart my phone, I have just done this and unfortunately I am still having the same issues with my electricity app on my Galaxy A12 and A13 mobile phones but strangley i am able to access my electricity app via my Samsung galaxy s7 spare phone???
0 Likes

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Bev54. It's possible that this third-party app is storing an old email address and password combination that you've used to sign in to your electricity account.

I appreciate that you've followed a number of steps to resolve this, so it seems as though the app is auto-filling old/incorrect login details even after you've uninstalled and reinstalled it.

I'd recommend going through the steps in the guide below, and ensuring that you follow the steps for "clearing the cache for a specific app.":

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

After doing this, the app should let you put your login details in again.

If the issue persists after following these steps, I'd recommend reaching out to the app developers directly to report this. Their contact details will likely be listed when you access the app via either the Galaxy Store or Play Store.

Please let us know whether this helps you access the app the way you would expect.

View solution in context

Solution
PaulM1
Options

That's really strange, @Bev54. While I think it would be a good idea to reach out to the app developers, it would also be a good idea to submit an Error report, so that our team can look into this and then get back to you:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

Our researchers and developers do have access to the Community and will always take a look at the threads on here. It is predominantly user-focused, however.

View solution in context

Solution
PaulM1
Options

@Bev54, I wouldn't have thought there would be a connection between those two apps. However, perhaps the issue might be caused by how you are connecting/signing in to the apps in this case.

In your screenshot, I can see that you are on a 4G connection when attempting to sign in to your electricity account on the app. Do you happen to have a VPN running at the same time? If so, this might prevent you from accessing your account.

By the way, I deleted the second screenshot you sent as it showed your electricity account number. 

View solution in context

Solution
PaulM1
Options

You're very welcome, @Bev54, and no need to apologise at all. I was probably being over-cautious there! 

I did see what you mean, though.

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 👍

View solution in context

17 REPLIES 17
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Is this the Samsung email app your having issues with @Bev54  ?

Go into Settings and then Apps and choose the email app.

Storage then clear Cache and data.

Let us know how you get on.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
No it's not an email app, its an app for my electricity, i never had an issue with it for the first year and then approximately 3 months ago it started doing what I described in my first message, i have uninstalled it and reinstalled it many times, I have updated it many times, I have cleared the cache partition and data. I cannot understand why it's started doing this x
0 Likes
Solution
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Bev54. It's possible that this third-party app is storing an old email address and password combination that you've used to sign in to your electricity account.

I appreciate that you've followed a number of steps to resolve this, so it seems as though the app is auto-filling old/incorrect login details even after you've uninstalled and reinstalled it.

I'd recommend going through the steps in the guide below, and ensuring that you follow the steps for "clearing the cache for a specific app.":

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

After doing this, the app should let you put your login details in again.

If the issue persists after following these steps, I'd recommend reaching out to the app developers directly to report this. Their contact details will likely be listed when you access the app via either the Galaxy Store or Play Store.

Please let us know whether this helps you access the app the way you would expect.

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
Hi PaulM1
Thank you for your reply, i am able to login into my energy companies app through my galaxy s7, its just my galaxy A12 A13 and galaxy tab A7 lite will not allow me to open my energy app, i tried changing my password on my galaxy s7 and when I tried to log on to the app on my A12 or A13 or tablet A7 Lite I thought I would put the password in first because since they have not been allowing me to log in I click my email address on the app and he wants split-second it puts my password in and then flashes up red writing saying it doesn't recognise the details so when I put my password in first it stayed there and then I put my email address in in and it's still threw me off saying the same thing in red letters. I cannot understand why I can't login on these other devices. Thank you for your help
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
I hope you don't mind me asking I've recently come on to Samsung members do Samsung staff work on here as well as members
0 Likes
Solution
PaulM1
Options

That's really strange, @Bev54. While I think it would be a good idea to reach out to the app developers, it would also be a good idea to submit an Error report, so that our team can look into this and then get back to you:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-the-samsung-members-app/

Our researchers and developers do have access to the Community and will always take a look at the threads on here. It is predominantly user-focused, however.

Bev54
Helping Hand
Options
PaulM1 I don't know if there's any connection but when my energy app started doing that I had my EE app that wouldn't open at all. Strangely 2-days ago my EE app opened and have not a problem since. I just wondered if if there may be a connection even though they were two different problems.
0 Likes
Bev54
Helping Hand
Options

That is a screenshot of my SSE app and what happens on my Samsung galaxy A13 and on my Samsung galaxy s7 Screenshot_20221001-165738_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
PaulM1
Options

@Bev54, I wouldn't have thought there would be a connection between those two apps. However, perhaps the issue might be caused by how you are connecting/signing in to the apps in this case.

In your screenshot, I can see that you are on a 4G connection when attempting to sign in to your electricity account on the app. Do you happen to have a VPN running at the same time? If so, this might prevent you from accessing your account.

By the way, I deleted the second screenshot you sent as it showed your electricity account number.