Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A13 4GB ram is only 2GB ram

(Topic created on: 27-11-2023 09:35 AM)
Jobosam
Navigator
Options
I have just discovered that my Samsung Galaxy A13 phone, sold as having 4GB ram, is actually only a 2GB ram phone, with 2GB of virtual memory tacked on.

I have only recently discovered the RAM plus setting. And I can see no difference in phone performance between the 2GB RAM only option with Ram plus turned off, and with the 4GB setting with Ram plus turned ON. 

Which is not surprising, as it is commonly known that installed RAM performs much faster than virtual RAM. 

Can anyone tell me how I would go about approaching Samsung for compensation for being mislead in this way. 

Many thanks in advance for your help in this matter. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would advise you Call Customer Services to discuss your options but given other users experiences of Samsung CS I wouldn't hold your breath.

Fact is that the device has 4gb RAM so not miss sold. As for the RAM usage, your device will only start to use the RAM Plus if it needs to. If the 2gb does the job, it won't.
Jobosam
Navigator
Options
Many thanks for getting back to me. But I have to say, repurposed storage is not ram, not by any stretch of the imagination. Which is why it's performance is so poor when used as RAM.
0 Likes