Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarting

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
BAmimz2021
Apprentice
Options
Hi there, my phone keeps restarting itself constantly . Saw online to put in freezer for 20mins which weirdly worked but Stays on for 10mins and then restarts again. So have constantly had to keep putting in freezer. Also since this started , I haven't been able to connect to WiFi. 

Also saw about pressing power button and volume up to put in safe mode and then wipe partition. It just keeps restarting as it actually doesn't power off totally. 
Please what can I do to sort this constant restarting issue?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
OmegaMutant
Pathfinder
Options
To get into recovery mode the phone needs to be turned off completely. Once off, you'll need to plug into PC/Laptop and then press and hold power button and volume up. From the recovery menu, you'll be able to clear cache partition.

If it stays on for about 10 minutes before restating again, then you should be able to turn it off.

To get into Safe Mode, press hold the power button when the power options come up, tap and hold 'power off' until it turns green and says 'Safe Mode'. Tap on it again and the phone will then turn off and boot into safe mode to see if problem still happens.
0 Likes
BAmimz2021
Apprentice
Options
OK I'll try . Thank you
0 Likes
BAmimz2021
Apprentice
Options
I've just done the clear cache partition. Unfortunately I still can't connect to WiFi 😭. On safe mode , it didn't connect either.
0 Likes
OmegaMutant
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for updating on your progress.

Okay, next steps I would take is to back up your data and do a factory reset. Might have some issues on doing a back up if it's restarting, but I'd give it a go anyway.

If you do a factory reset, and same problem occurs then get in touch with support and ask to book repair in if under warranty.
0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
A word to the wise...don't mention that you constantly put your device in the freezer. It will render any warranty null and void. Delicate electronics don't react well to extreme temperature changes.
Also, if you subject Lithium ion batteries to extreme cold, and don't allow the device to fully warm up before charging, then you're risking a fire hazard - look up lithium plating.
Whilst modern lithium batteries are better protected against severe plating, I still wouldn't want to take that risk.
0 Likes
BAmimz2021
Apprentice
Options
Thank you . I'll definitely keep in mind. I didn't know about fire hazard.
sophieA
Journeyman
Options
Send the phone to Samsung it happened to me