Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh rate

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
rob777
Pioneer
Options
Should I use 60hz or 120hz on screen refresh rate , what's the downside of using 120hz , any help would be appreciated 👍👍
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well in my view. Unless I really need the small tiny amount of battery saving. I'm using 120 hz all the way.
I pay good money for these features and want to use all the performance and screen potential.
The software adjusts the refresh rate lower automatically anyway when 120 hz is not needed.
rob777
Pioneer
Options
Does 120hz drain battery or is it not noticeable
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's going to use a tiny bit more. But personally I don't see any difference.
If you game a lot on the phone it tends to stay in 120 hz .
But otherwise as its adaptive, the screen hz can drop right down way below 60 hz depending on what you are doing
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A higher refresh rate means more images are shown in the same amount of time , movement between frames will be smoother.  Your Device will have a faster response, there will be some impact on Battery life  but depends on the priority.   Some Middle range Devices do not have as powerful batteries  so that may be a factor.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's a personal preference @rob777 

Sone say they can tell that the phone is not as smooth on the lower refresh rate.  👀

The higher refresh rate can use more battery but not in a massive way. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "