Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving same text multiple times

(Topic created on: 15-07-2023 06:00 PM)
Macroshooter
Apprentice
Options
Hi,
Using A53, since yesterday I have started receiving the same text multiple times over 24 hours. Only when I receive a new text does it stop. Then I receive that text multiple times. What is causing this and how do I stop it?
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Hey, I've never heard of this issue before, but maybe you could try for example google messages or try clearing your messages data and cache, I hope your issue is resolved soon.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Macroshooter. Like @UNKNOWNUSERNAME, I've not encountered this issue before. If the suggested steps do not help you resolve this, I'd recommend restarting your A53. If the issue still persists after you have turned your phone back on, I think it would be a good idea to reach out to your network provider (just in case there is an issue on its side).

Please keep us updated.

0 Likes
ang101
First Poster
Options
I've also received the same message multiple times today. I have a51
0 Likes
hipster73
Student
Options
Me too!
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@hipster73 @ang101: Is this happening with all contacts, or just certain ones? Have you tried reaching out to your network provider as recommended above, to see if there are any known issues at their side? 

hipster73
Student
Options
Just certain ones. Some contacts are texting me but I'm not receiving them, with another I'm just getting repeat texts. It started after the update. I'll get in touch with my network provider as we've tried everything obvious!
0 Likes
Macroshooter
Apprentice
Options
Recieved texts from just 2 numbers in the last 48 hours since problem started and still receiving texts from them. Had to block one number to stop repeated text, the other is from my Bank with no number, so cant block. My provider is Virgin, who are currently merging with O2 . Maybe this is the reason, a conflict of networks. Will contact Virgin.
0 Likes
laineg
First Poster
Options
I contacted virgin. They are having migration problems with the switching to O2. Said IT department looking into it.😔
0 Likes
Macroshooter
Apprentice
Options
Hi Iain, thanks for the info. Hadnt contacted Virgin as yet. Are you experiencing the same problem?
0 Likes