Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS not installed

(Topic created on: 22-08-2021 11:09 AM)
Guster
Explorer
Options
My mum and I both have identical phones - A71. However, I have RCS (Rich Communication settings) on my phone, she doesn't. It simply does not exist on her phone. We can't figure out why.

We both have Samsung Messages set as our default messaging app.

We both have Android version 11.
Her version of Samsung Messages is 12.1.60.17, mine is 12.1.60.13. Strangely both say "The latest version is already installed."

On the "About Messages" screen, mine shows 3 buttons - "Learn more about chat features", "Chat Terms of Service" and "Open source licences". Hers only shows one button, "Open source licences".

I doubt this is significant, but she is on Talk Talk, I'm on Post Office broadband. 

4 REPLIES 4
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Some carriers don't support it on Samsung messages. She can download Google messages and rcs will be available for her. My mum is giff gaff and has to use rcs with Google messages.
Guster
Explorer
Options
That's interesting, so RCS won't even show up at all if the carrier doesn't support it? I would have thought it would simply be disabled? I'll get her to install Google Messages, thank you.
Guster
Explorer
Options
We tried Google Messages but tge status is constantly "Connecting... Connection in progress" so we both uninstalled it and have given up.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options