Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone only charges when it's powered off

(Topic created on: 27-02-2024 02:48 PM)
Hail2U
First Poster
Options

My phone only charges when it's powered off but when it's on it does say it's charging but percentage isn't going up.  Could it be a software or a hardware issue? I've also tried restartin g and switching cables.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
_Night
First Poster
Options
1. It could be your charger not providing enough power.

2. It could be your battery.

3. A faulty component, send it in to get checked by a reputable technician.
0 Likes
the_bart123
Navigator
Options
Maybe you have 2 damaged cables? What charger model you have?
0 Likes
Autumn Player
First Poster
Options

is there any hope to this? i would just sell my phone as defective if not.... samsung technician in SM cant understand the problem and even local repair shop cant give me a definitive solution..

1. phone will charge only when its shutdown

2. no matter the charger phone wont charge unless it's shutdown

3. super long time to charge when turned off. would need literally 8 hrs to full charge.

4. tried to ask if they can just replace the charging port the shop will say they don't have the tools nor the knowledge to replace it confidently. 
5. if there is someone to replace it they would charge 1500 but they are not reputable nor they are affliated with any retail shop nor they have authorization to fix said device. 

if i want someone to fix my phone i would want it to be with someone with skill knowledge and authorization/affliation and training. i wouldn't mind paying 1500 if he is actually legit.

0 Likes