Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI update

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
SamanthaK86
Journeyman
Options
I'm really suprised Samsung hasn't fixed this dodgy update yet after so many issues from it. My husband updated his phone in December and immediately had problems. The technician came out to fix it and advised me, as my phone was asking for the update, to not update for a few months so Samsung can rectify it knowing it was bugged. My phone is still asking for the update but after reading all your comments, I'll wait. 
Has anyone's update actually been fine?
A54-5G
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
There are regular updates to many different handsets, so try not to get confused with others posts here on different phones.

Many of these are likely not the same release or handset as you have... so careful not to draw conclusions about other posts.

I am not sure about the A54 specifically, but one UI is samsung generic software and I would suggest that you update your phone to the latest update without concern.

Currently with the A54 I am assuming it was oneUI6.0 release around the December timeframe.

Do you know what the 'issues" that your husband experiences ?

You mention 'bugged' software and 'immediately had problems' but not about what these issues were?

There are some things like erasing the cache memory of the phone, and other things that can help to fix problems and incompatibility, so it is worth knowing what problems you are concerned about.

It I was you, I would update the oneUI6.0 as prompted.

Best
Smiley.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
SamanthaK86
Journeyman
Options
Hi, thanks for the reply.
My husband has the same phone as me, a54-5g. Once his phone updated and reset, it got stuck on the black screen with the logo on. He couldn't turn off his phone unless the battery died.
Like I said though, the technician told my husband it was a dodgy update and not to update for a few months but I'm not a technical person at all and still iffy about updating incase something goes wrong.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Occasionally a freak thing happens like this during an update. It is not massively common and usually by performing a hard reset it will recover the phone during a failed update.

Technicians are not always good and knowledgeable... I would say that was bad advice personally.

If the phone is suitably charged and connected to a good WiFi then I would suggest that an update would be a good idea.

After the update I would recommend a wipe of the cache partition to remove old software version remnants. There are various videos on YouTube on how to do this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FSHiYgEdlc4
- Smiley

smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Just to add... I would recommend performing a backup of your phone to a Google account or another backup method... just in case. It is unlikely that it would be needed but you can never be too careful.

And after the phone has updated then enter the play store and the galaxy store and make sure all the applications that are on your phone have been updated.
- Smiley

H3S3G
Explorer
Options
Samsung seem to hate providing proper updates to A series phones, I was forced into upgrading 3 times in 2 years because each time I would update, my phone would get worse and on my a21s you could press the power button and the phone would either just not respond, or turn on and off about 20 seconds later.