Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd phantom on the screen after major UI 6 / Android 14 update - How to get rid of that black, sliding distraction?

(Topic created on: 05-03-2024 05:25 PM)
Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Hi, Could you please help me?

My phone is Samsung A52 5G / One UI 6.0 & Android 14

After that big One UI 6.0 & Android 14 update two approximately two weeks I have been constantly distracted by a disturbing black phenomenon on the screen while I touch the screen on the right or on the left hand edge.

Please have a look at the attached screenshots. They hopefully explain that problem better than any of my words!

What in that extremely disturbing and ugly looking phenomenon?

How do I get rid of it?

It never existed before the major update.

I have tried to find answer from to screen settings, do not find any help there.

I am happy to answer all your questions or take more screenshots or else, if needed!

Thank you so much for all possible advice! Looking forward to not seeing that black phantom any more! 😍

What is that black disturbing sliding phenomenon at the screen of Samsung A52 5g Screenshot 1.jpg

What is that black disturbing, sliding phenomenon at the screen of Samsung A52 5g Screenshot 2.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
Why dont you try to do what the arrow says, and it might tell you.
my guess is its some sort of shortcut.
AndrewL
Options

@Spectro: This is indeed a strange one. Could it be that you have a theme installed, and this has altered the shape of the Edge Panel? If you place your finger on the arrow and swipe to the left, what happens? 

0 Likes
Members_r3P8P0q
First Poster
Options

That's a feature (and a very useful one!). It's called "gesture handles".
On UI 5.1 it's part of Good Lock - One Hand Operation +. From there you can configure it or turn it off completely.
I haven't got the UI 6 update yet, so I don't know if the settings were moved elsewhere.

0 Likes