Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone won't do anything.

(Topic created on: 10-03-2024 01:55 PM)
SJG786
Student
Options

I have a A53 5G phone which I've only had for just less than 2 years. At about 8:30 am on this morning the phone just shut off while I was using it. It turned totally off and randomly turned it self back on. At first I didn't think anything of it but since it had basically full charge I did feel a little confused. I then waited for it to boot up like usual except it didn't. It kept showing the samsung logo and then went back to a black screen, then back on the samsung logo, then black again. After it did this for the best part of 30 or so minutes it totally turned off and won't go back on. I've done all the resets google has suggested and I've spoken to 2 people online who have tried to help me. I've had issues with this phone before not long after I first got it, but that issue fixed itself about a year later, but this had nothing to do with the power of the phone so it's irrelevant. I have no idea what to do. I've luckily got my old iphone so I've taken my simcard out of my A53 and put it in my old phone for now. Considering the phone was £300 or so i think it's pretty bad that it's lasted less than 2 years. Every so often I've gone back to my A53 and still no result. I'll probably end up taking it to a random phone shop, but I don't think I'll buy another samsung after this.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ry-Galaxy
Pathfinder
Options
Samsung offers 24 month warranty as far as I'm aware (perhaps depending on country) but I would definitely book it in for a warranty repair if it's under 24 months, sometimes things do unfortunately go wrong hence why warranty exists but I wouldn't lose faith in the brand, sorry for your experience & hope you get it sorted!
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Have you tried plugging it in to a PC or Laptop?
0 Likes
Mike0296
Explorer
Options
Sounds like the countdown. Timer of two years is up, so now it's time to buy a new one!
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Take a look at > https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-a53-5g/ 

Before taking the phone to anywhere else please contact a Samsung Service Centre. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Nick58328
Explorer
Options
Were you able to resolve this?
0 Likes