Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Phone Battery

(Topic created on: 04-04-2024 07:22 PM)
BamBaloo
Apprentice
Options
When I charge my phone I unplug it and the next day the battery has drained a lot I don't know what is wrong whether its the charger or phone

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DrWage
Pathfinder
Options

Hello BamBaloo,

specific information about battery loss would be helpful. For example at least, battery consumption X in time period Y hours.

The night, i.e. the period in which you usually do not use the device, would be a good period to monitor the battery. Please MAKE SURE that you also observe and eliminate obvious possibilities that may result in high battery consumption. Apps running in the background or possibly really bad mobile connection, which may suck more battery. It will also be interesting to see what battery consumption is displayed for which apps. This should at least be mentioned. It's often completely unclear what people are doing with their devices, whether it's a fault with the device or the user.

-Please document battery usage, separated into times of use and rest periods. Be specific about what loss you have here.
-Consider the typical advice about saving batteries so that we can rule out this as a mistake. Report exactly what was tested
-Samsung has a rudimentary battery display in the settings, but you can also see the consumption graph there. Screenshots would also be helpful.
- Personally, I would also like to ask you to check the running time of the operating system and see whether restarting the device changes anything.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What do you call by a lot?
Have you gone into battery and device care. Are there any apps using more battery than normal
Make sure all apps have updated software. Same with the phone.

There will be background processing, notifications etc going on normally. So you'd expect some usage.

Is it a fairly new phone or an older one?
javascript
Pioneer
Options
Hi BamBaloo when phones get older the battery drains quicker it's unavoidable but it will normally take a cuppel of years before that happens.

Or if you're using a cheep cable that may be the problem but it's unlikely
BamBaloo
Apprentice
Options
I've only had it for 6 months
0 Likes
Solution
DrWage
Pathfinder
Options

Hello BamBaloo,

specific information about battery loss would be helpful. For example at least, battery consumption X in time period Y hours.

The night, i.e. the period in which you usually do not use the device, would be a good period to monitor the battery. Please MAKE SURE that you also observe and eliminate obvious possibilities that may result in high battery consumption. Apps running in the background or possibly really bad mobile connection, which may suck more battery. It will also be interesting to see what battery consumption is displayed for which apps. This should at least be mentioned. It's often completely unclear what people are doing with their devices, whether it's a fault with the device or the user.

-Please document battery usage, separated into times of use and rest periods. Be specific about what loss you have here.
-Consider the typical advice about saving batteries so that we can rule out this as a mistake. Report exactly what was tested
-Samsung has a rudimentary battery display in the settings, but you can also see the consumption graph there. Screenshots would also be helpful.
- Personally, I would also like to ask you to check the running time of the operating system and see whether restarting the device changes anything.

0 Likes