Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mobil will only go up 2 30mb

(Topic created on: 22-02-2024 08:19 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
I am wih virgin media and my broadband is on 260mb speed.Since I got this mobil the broadband has been extremely slow where 30mb is top range.The virgin engineer has been round to my place and on his mobil he checks all equipment all and with the circle showing the speed he always gets bout 240mb the needle goes right round to the right.I have chatted wih samsung on Web and they giv me ***** support then ***** settings yet I've tried everything even 2 reset it yet nothing works.This needs to bak to samsund and sort it out.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
DrMips
Pathfinder
Options
I have a gigabit Virgin connection. I use an Eero mesh router as the Virgin Hub 4 is so slow. I enabled WiFi on my Virgin router to test this for you.

Virgin Router : Download 74mb Upload 55mb

Eero WiFi 6+ : Download 888mb Upload 99mb

I don't remember seeing speeds faster than 120mb on my S23 Ultra with the Virgin router.1708594306986.jpg1708594307001.jpg
0 Likes
DrMips
Pathfinder
Options
I've just disabled 2.4ghz on the Virgin router and I got 590mb Downloaded and 93mb Upload. Try disabling 2.4ghz on your Virgin router.
0 Likes
DrMips
Pathfinder
Options
I've done a further test. Turn off Smart WiFi on the Virgin router. This let me run 2.4ghz and 5ghz while connecting to the router at 780mb from the phone (586mb download, 98mb upload)1708596135952.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Try using WAP connection?

Otherwise, reset connection settings.

Also is the SIM older than the broadband?

Sometimes you need a new SIM, or to delete settings, and enter manually

I'm sure Google will find you the settings for virgin WiFi on Samsung.
If I helped or solved your problem, please like or tick solved.

Have been using phones since 1993, and am self taught.

I offer advice for free, cos I think it'll help, if it doesn't, explain why, I might learn something new too.

Current phone Galaxy S22 Ultra
Previous phones: most S series, Note 2, Samsung Alpha, iPhone 3gs, far too many Nokia's!
0 Likes