Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS suddenly not supported

(Topic created on: 06-04-2023 03:51 PM)
AJC22
First Poster
Options
Hi

I've suddenly having issues sending MMS on my A70. I've spent most of the day chatting with my network provider and have tried everything they've suggested but still can't send MMS! I have tried resetting the APN but it won't let me enable the new settings. The APN already installed is greyed out. I can send texts and receive photos but I keep getting the "not supported by network" message every time I try to send MMS using the Message app. 
Everything else seems to be okay. Any ideas? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Egg1
Voyager
Options
If it's pay as you go, you probably ran out of credit as all networks charge for MMS, contract phones either you can set a limit for cost or it's denied until you accept that you'll be charged.
I have contract set to zero extra costs and gives not supported message, it is, I'm just not happy to spend 30p+ a message, so it's not supported.
Maybe this, maybe other reasons.
0 Likes
AJC22
First Poster
Options
Thank you for your reply..Its not pay as you go. I have a contract. I am starting to think it's something to do with a recent software update.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AJC22: Can you try swiping up from your Home screen and heading to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings, to see if this helps? Please be aware that this will also reset your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth settings, so you will be required to re-register any Wi-Fi routers or Bluetooth devices that you had previously added to your device. 

If the issue persists, try enabling Mobile Data next time you attempt to send an MMS message, to see if this makes a difference. 

0 Likes