Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Microphone not working at random times, exclusively on whatsapp/telegram/instagram audios

(Topic created on: 04-02-2024 10:44 PM)
Sirin0
Journeyman
Options

I've had this issue since the latesf update. I have a Samsung A54, bought not even a year ago.

I know it isn't a hardware thing because it's clean, new, never fell nor got wet, I don't smoke nor have pets, etc. It's a perfectly clean microphone on a new device.

I also know it isn't a hardware thing because my microphone works perfectly well with good quality on phone calls of every type (normal phone calls, whatsapp phone calls, etc.). 

But when sending audios, it sometimes will work, sometimes it won't.

There's no crashes or errors. It just will record complete silence, as if the mic is turned off. If I throw away the audio and re-try a couple times, it will work again and perfectly.

I've restarted, uninstalled/reinstalled multiple apps, cleaned cache, cleaned my phone, turned off bluetooth, raised volume nothing works.

My phone has volume working perfectly fine, it's just the microphone that won't record any sounds whatsoever, no feedback from the mic on the app, and then if I retry it'll work.

It happens on whatsapp, instagram, and telegram audios.

Anyone else having this issue? It's really annoying to have to constantly repeat audios.

#a54 #samsunga54 #new #newdevice #microphone #software #update

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Sirin0
Journeyman
Options

The latest update that happened a couple days ago fixed it for now!

View solution in context

14 REPLIES 14
aether_frost
Apprentice
Options

i just got this issue yesterday.. but mine doesnt work in whatsapp calls too..did u find a solution??

Pennie
Student
Options

Did you get assistance on this issue

0 Likes
Solution
Sirin0
Journeyman
Options

The latest update that happened a couple days ago fixed it for now!

Sirin0
Journeyman
Options

Sadly I didn't get any assistance, but the latest update that happened a few days ago fixed it for now! 

0 Likes
awsfarsakh
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue.

0 Likes
sgt-pepper
Student
Options

I have the exact same problem ever since I updated back in december right after buying my A54. It's been frustrating since 2 of every 3 attempts the mic fails. No update has fixed it yet.

0 Likes
sgt-pepper
Student
Options

UPDATE: This fix worked for me for one or two days, then the problem returned as always.

POSSIBLE FIX

Apparently the problem is linked to Bixby Assistant. Had to deactivate it from the settings and now the problem has been fixed! Hope everyone can fix it.

0 Likes
JuanchoG
First Poster
Options

It didn't work for me, do you have any other recommendations?
This bug has been annoying!

0 Likes
Disappointed4me
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same! So flipping fed up with it. Found a fix yet! I have disabled Bixby Voice but still having issues. Completely random and sometimes every 3 and sometimes every 10 recordings! Help!!

0 Likes