Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to downgrade from factory installed Android 12(Galaxy A525F)?

(Topic created on: 21-06-2022 02:00 PM)
geotiktoka
Apprentice
Options

Can I downgrade A525F to Android 11? When I bought this phone, it came with Android 12 factory preinstalled:)

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
No, if that's what it came with you are stuck with it short of using a custom ROM
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@geotiktoka  Just to add to @antikythera 's post with custom roms and the like you do need to be aware of the implications and would void warranty.  see some information here https://customroms.net/faq 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@geotiktoka: Yes, just to confirm that any unauthorised modifications to the software of your device would indeed void the warranty, so that course of action is best avoided. 

0 Likes
geotiktoka
Apprentice
Options

I don't need custom rom, I just wanted to downgrade from One UI 4.1 to 3.1

0 Likes
geotiktoka
Apprentice
Options

So I can't downgrade to One UI 3.1? The version of the One UI 4.1 Im using is on Binary 4 and the One UI 3.1 version Im trying to downgrade to is Binary 4 too.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@geotiktoka: Sadly it isn't possible to revert to a previous Android version on an official capacity. By being on Android 12 you can be sure that your device is compatible with the latest apps and features, so it is recommended that you keep up to date with the latest software. 

geotiktoka
Apprentice
Options

Thanks, but my friend has Galaxy A52 too with the same exact configuration(4/128) and he didn't update to Android 12 and when I compare, his phone is faster and smoother than my phone.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It may be an idea to see what can be done to your phone to improve your experience. These work for me. Clear System cache, download Good Guardians from Galaxy Store and run App Booster.
Here's how to clear cache https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-a52-5g/wipe-cache/
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
Yes you can downgrade by using odin and downloading official samsung firmware from samfw site where there have the official firmware you can downgrade using that method but it will involve wiping your phone