Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was sent a different Galaxy A14 4G model number than Amazon product listing

(Topic created on: 27-03-2024 10:14 AM)
triatic
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I live in the UK. I ordered a Galaxy A14 4G with model number SM-A145RZKUEUB on Amazon.

However I just received the phone in the post (unopened) with model number SM-A145FZKDMEA.

Will I have any problems using this phone in the UK despite the different model number? Will I be covered by the normal Samsung warranty?

Thank you.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If in doubt contact Amazon or the seller as its better to exchange within your time frame.

Most times phones are imported at a cheaper rate abroad and sold in the UK for a profit.

While for most it won't be an issue. You could run into trouble with warranty and stuff.

Hence I prefer direct from Samsung or reputable retailers who have stores in the UK.
triatic
Journeyman
Options

It was the best selling phone on Amazon UK at 40% below the price in the shops despite listing the UK model number, I suppose it was too good to be true. I'm not really comfortable using a phone intended for foreign markets as it may malfunction now or after firmware updates, aside from possible warranty issues. At least I didn't open the box!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If buying on Amazon via third party there are more likely to be issues, know from the experience  of others that non uk models are not always clearly specified.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

triatic
Journeyman
Options

I doubled-checked the full model number on the Amazon listing to ensure it matched that on Argos, Currys, etc, and it did. 

But the box has a model number that is intended for the UAE.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You obviously done the checks and were vigilant. unless something has gone amiss the seller is not reliable

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Casjen
Navigator
Options
I recently got the A34 5g as it was cheaper from Amazon and discovered Samsung wallet wudnnt work and some strange bookmarks in Samsung Internet Browser would not delete along with expected software update wouldn't appear.. I checked the country code and it was an African code linked to Nigeria.. I complained to Amazon and the seller that it should not have been on sale to UK buyers.. It took a week or so but eventually got refunded and a credit aswell. However the phone remained on sale.
triatic
Journeyman
Options

Yes, the UAE model I received didn't have NFC at all, and this was not mentioned on the Amazon listing, nor did it mention I was not covered by the UK warranty. Amazon should be doing more to stop this mis-selling, as customers should be getting UK models unless very clearly stated on the listing.

0 Likes