Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A54 Mic Not Working on First Few Tries

(Topic created on: 15-01-2024 02:13 PM)
Faezeh
Apprentice
Options

I have a Galaxy A54, and about a month ago the microphone stopped working the first few times I try to use it, no matter the app that's using it. I've tried it with Telegram, Whatsapp, the voice recorder, and even Duolingo - none of them work the first or second time I try to use the microphone

I haven't had any problems while recording a video or making a call, and I've used the Diagnostics option from the Members app to check that both mics are functional. When it finally starts picking up noises, the quality is good. However, there have also been a few times when the mic HAS picked up the audio on the first try, but it has recorded it with the in-call quality. I usually have to do it twice at least to get it to work.

Does this have anything to do with recent updates? Has anyone had this problem?

I would REALLY appreciate any solutions. 

19 REPLIES 19
katlouise
Explorer
Options
I've had some mic issues with WhatsApp and Duolingo as well! Started mid last week and doesn't seem to have a cause or obvious fix, it just seems to fix itself once it's bored of messing around
KimJisoomi
Student
Options

i have this too and it is VERY annoying. the A54 has so many problems, from the oversaturated camera to the microphone issues gosh.. its making me regret buying it.

katlouise
Explorer
Options
So I caught it not picking up sound on duolingo mid-speaking. It started off fine then a notification came in and it didn't pick up anything else on that exercise. Fine again when I redid that exercise, and fine for the rest of the lesson. I keep my phone on vibrate 24/7 so it wasn't interrupted by a loud ping or anything like that.

It falters even without being interrupted by notifs but this is the first time I've seen it start off fine then stop mid-listen.
aether_frost
Apprentice
Options

i just got the same issue today..mic is bugging..did it solve by itself or should i go to a repair center? and does it comes with the update? i mean the issues? i had to replace the screen in a month after buying this phone..now in the 2nd month another issue...really regret buying this phone

MEHLAM SHIKLA
First Poster
Options

Did you find any solution ?

0 Likes
Faezeh
Apprentice
Options

Didn't get better at all, even after an update. There's nothing wrong with the hardware, I'm at a loss. This problem has caused me so much trouble. 

Faezeh
Apprentice
Options

None that helped. I called Samsung customer support and they only told me to reset the settings which didn't help. I think it's a software issue. I don't know how to request them to fix it in the next update though. 

0 Likes
Ahmadreza
Student
Options

Same here

Callmefries
First Poster
Options

I have microphone issue as well, my phone is brand new but after updating my samsung galaxy a54 to the latest android 14 it started having the microphone issue, it sometimes not work for the first try or sometimes it sound distorted, but after trying the second time the mic is good quality again. This happened to multiple social media apps and even to the camera app

0 Likes