Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy A54 5G: Update via ota doesn't seem to work

(Topic created on: 22-10-2023 01:08 PM)
FlyingLuka
Navigator
Options

Hello everyone from Milan (Italy). 
This is the problem: I just bought a Galaxy Samsung A54 5G which arrived branded TIM (which is the primary national telephone operator). Since it was updated July 2023, as soon as I turned it on it notified me via OTA the availability of the September 2023 update. I didn't do any updates because I first wanted to change the CSC from TIM to EUX. Here I proceeded with SamFw tool and this is the result:

before CSC (TIM): TIM/TIM,TIM/TIM/TIM
after CSC (EUX): EUX/-/EUX/TIM

It seems the regional code was lost but everything works fine, knox remained valid and unchanged,  except that OTA hasn't found any updates and the phone remains stuck in July 2023.

Therefore I proceeded with the manual update via ODIN and I am now aligned with September 2023.

The question is this: will I receive future updates or will OTA remain inactive?
Is it better if I go back to the old CSC (TIM)?
In another words I do not understand if some CSC like EUX do not work via OTA
What is your suggestion based on your experiences?

Thanks in advance

Luca

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@FlyingLuka: If you purchased your A54 5G from your network, then OTA updates would be rolled out over that network. As you have altered the CSC, then this does appear to have impacted your ability to receive OTA updates, so my recommendation would be to reverse the process. 

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@FlyingLuka: If you purchased your A54 5G from your network, then OTA updates would be rolled out over that network. As you have altered the CSC, then this does appear to have impacted your ability to receive OTA updates, so my recommendation would be to reverse the process. 

Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Just wondering why you would find the need to change the CSC?

You are based in Italy with an Italian device. Not sure what you were hoping to gain?
0 Likes
FlyingLuka
Navigator
Options

@Piper123  unfortunately TIM tries to install all kinds of custom software, including some stupid little games, which I have no real need for and which I have to uninstall every time.
EUX is cleaner

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
👌
FlyingLuka
Navigator
Options

@AndrewL thank you for answering.

If I understand correctly, I have to wait until the first days of November and see if the OTA downloads the October EUX update.
Otherwise, do I roll back by SamFw tool  to CSC by TIM?

0 Likes
FlyingLuka
Navigator
Options

@AndrewL 

You were absolutely right and thank you for the suggestion!
I downgraded to the August 2023 version, 5 bit  by Odin and with CSC EUX it didn't download anything, no updates available.
I put  CSC TIM back on and magically it loaded the September 2023 update.

I don't understand why, but at this point I keep TIM and from time to time I will delete the bloatware it tries to install.
Thank you very much again.