Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A52s 5G vs Galaxy S20 FE 5G...I Have Questions

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

Because Samsung has decided to increase the sizes of their devices in the past 12-24 months I am thinking of replacing my S23 FE with either a Galaxy A52s 5G or an older S20 FE 5G which I feel have manageable sizes for my arthritic hands.

Which one is much worth for what you are getting with specs, decent performance (not benchmarks) for basic everyday tasks and decent cameras that shows true to life colours, great HDR, sharpness and low light capability?

Any comments or thoughts please?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Forget the S20 FE 5G. It's old and won't receive any new Android UI updates. The A52 5G isn't far behind it, but will receive Android 14 UI 6.0.

The S23 FE has a 6.4 inch screen which is smaller than the S20 FE at 6.5 inch. The A52 is also 6.5 inch.

To be fair the S23 FE is a decent handset, and I'd go as far as to say better than the other two.

If you could get hold of a base model S23 that comes in a bit smaller at 6.1 inches
Gino76ph
Pathfinder
Options

I'm ditching my S23 FE because i found it wide. And the horrible chipset and battery life. I thought of the S20 FE 5G because I have a spare case for it (without the need for buying a new one) and a Galaxy A52s 5G because my partner has it. But after reading and watching some reviews i'm leaning towards the S20 FE. Both phones you can get for a really cheap price.

I usually go for the actual dimensions of a phone and not exactly the screen size as that can be deceiving.

Saying that my other choices would be the base S23 from last year as you mentioned. Excellent Snapdragon shipset, very comfy in the hands and a bit cheaper price as well. Another choice is also last year's Xiaomi 13. But, updates may have stopped or slowed down by now as per usual company's lazy update policy.

What do you think?

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Base S23