Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A14 .. bought today, HATE HATE HATE IT

(Topic created on: 11-10-2023 12:49 AM)
Duke Eastwood
Journeyman
Options

I have never regretting a purchase so instantly...

First off... the thing reminds me of a Windows Vista computer bought at a Walmart aimed at a 65 year old client base... it is so jam packed with bloat and garbage that seems to be popping up with every move i make... god d*****,

but here is the REAL aggravation... why are notifications on the lock screen tiny icons?

So I have to turn on the screen, see the icon, tap the icon, then unlock the screen to see the full message????

WHY? WHY?WHY?>???????????

Who thought this was a good idea??????

I'm talking with support now, if there is not a way to fix this I'm getting rid of this phone TODAY!

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
azioluna
First Poster
Options
Obviously is a terrible cheap phone you get what you pay for what did you really expect
SAVVYSCLUTTER
Pioneer
Options
You can remove bloat via ADB and enable full notifications in Settings > Notifications > Lock screen notifications > Show content.
0 Likes
Duke Eastwood
Journeyman
Options

I was chatting with support and they definitely showed me that setting "show content" under lock screen notifications... the problem is it doesn't do what I want... with that on or off you still have tiny icons in a row... so text messages are in that line along with the weather, with google notification... any other bull**** you didn't turn off; even with "show content" on you still have to tap those icons to see the texts... then to open the messaging app you have to swipe to unlock... my old phone you see the whole text when you turn the screen on, you double tap the text the screen unlocks and you're right into the messages. I HATE THIS PHONE... I'm TAKING THIS PHONE BACK TO THE PLACE I BOUGHT IT IN THE MORNING... IT IS INEXCUSABLE! And the support is incompetent... they cannot understand why I don't want to take those extra steps... they are simply like... "it is showing content on the screen, deeer"

keith30
Maestro
Options
You can increase or decrease the size of the icons.
0 Likes
Duke Eastwood
Journeyman
Options

Let me explain this for those slow on the uptake; just like every other ***** phone in 2023 I want to...

1. I WANT TO SEE THE TEXTS ON THE SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!

2. I WANT TO DOUBLE CLIP THE TEXT AND HAVE IT OPEN!!!

NOT

1. look for tiny icon

2. see icon identify the one that means text message

3. tap icons and see who text is from

4. tap the icon again

5. have to THEN swipe to unlock to get into the messaging app.

I'm starting the think that this OS is a product of Samsung and not the standard OS... would that be accurate??? If so... is there a way to simply install the basic android OS and not this pozzed hunk of ***** samsung has installed on their phones?

0 Likes
SAVVYSCLUTTER
Pioneer
Options
All Samsung phones have bloatware and multiple notification settings.
0 Likes
PlantPot
Navigator
Options
This OS is a product of Samsung and not standard Android. That's what makes it great. Perhaps you should have spent a few minutes looking at the phone before you bought it ans saved yourselve stress and avoided all the anger and unnecessary, offensive ranting on here.
0 Likes
Members_5ehIMT2
First Poster
Options

Spent ages trying to get notifications on this phone, now I see there is none!!!! Can't believe there is no facility for this. A basic requirement I would have thought. Had a J5 before this and notifications available, no problem. Would not have purchased had I known. This is a backward step by Samsung.

0 Likes
lance78
Voyager
Options
A53 5g does not show full screen notifications when you receive them to. have to unlock phone swiping down click notification to read. A12 was not like it. As for changing to detail notifications all I get is my notification sound if I wanted a tiny little bar for a notification just under camera. I would of bought an iPhone ps apps you downloaded are automatically turned off you have to turn them on individually in the main app settings ie Instagram YouTube Facebook
0 Likes