Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A13 5G power button not working

(Topic created on: 27-10-2023 09:13 PM)
Linksab
Student
Options

My phone is not powering on when I hold the power button. I tried looking for other ways for it to turn on, (pressing both the volume up and down buttons to show the blue warning screen) but it doesn't work and only shows the battery animation with the percentage. Got anything that will help?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Linksab , You may need to connect to computer or plug in USB-C Headphones.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
 When the Android logo displays, release  both keys.
 The Android system recovery menu options  should appear, there  will be an option to Reboot system now, this will start the phone.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Linksab
Student
Options

It didn't work for me I tried connecting it to computer. It still shows the charging screen

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Linksab: Are you using the official USB cable and plug adapter that came packaged with the A13 5G, and does the cable fit snugly into the USB port? If so, connect the phone to your charger for at least 30 minutes, then try pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons together for around 10 seconds to see if you're able to boot up the device in this manner. If the problem persists, then please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the screen > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred support channel, and an advisor will be on hand to assist you further. 

0 Likes
Linksab
Student
Options

It's also an AT&T phone by the way

0 Likes
SPDBMP
Apprentice
Options

Plug in set of wired earbuds. Phone will turn on. Have same problem w/ my a13. 

Linksab
Student
Options

That didn't work either, unless you had used a specific type of wired earbuds

0 Likes
SPDBMP
Apprentice
Options

Two different sets of earbuds I've used, both have call button feature. 

0 Likes
SPDBMP
Apprentice
Options

Spdbmp here A thought, your phone is turned completely off? Not timed out? Did that once w/ mine, had to hold phone screen to palm, hold side button, slap phone flat on counter until I felt 1 sec vibe then let go of button. Use earbuds when timed out. 

0 Likes
SweetpeaCaty
Student
Options

I have had this same exact issue for months now, my power button refuses to work. I have tried every suggestion here and none of them work. The button itself seems to be the issue, because I am unable to use the power button for ANYTHING. Like I press the button and the phone just completely ignores it. I can't take screenshots or turn my phone screen off. I wind up leaving my phone screen on for as long as possible otherwise I have to run to a charger to plug it in then wait for it to recognize the charger then unplug it so I can actually use it. Mine is from Cricket, though. I did not drop my phone or anything, so I have 0 clue as to why my power button just stopped working. 

0 Likes