Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free gift con

(Topic created on: 30-05-2023 10:33 PM)
SW23
Student
Options
Anyone ever successfully resolve the "not honouring the free gift" con that Samsung seem to be running? Ordered a more expensive phone than I actually wanted as it came with free earbuds. Very clear all over the site that there was nothing I needed to do to claim them, they would be sent separately within 30 days. 30 days later and there is no sign of them so I enquire to be told that I won't be getting them as it was "while stocks last". OK, then refund my phone as I don't want it... Nope, we don't offer refunds after 14 days. I mean I was offered a £20 voucher (I refused) to buy the in stock ear buds which they offered but won't send (but I could pay £99 for...so clearly stock is available). 

Any suggestions? Can they keep getting away with this con?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unfortunately all the details will be in the terms and conditions of the promotions.
If you got the phone through a retailer, quite often promotions with them will have slightly different terms and conditions.
I have fallen foul of promotions from other sources as I rushed in as I usually do without reading the terms and conditions of the promotion
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@SW23   Did you order with Samsung or via a Retailer as that make a difference as @Glenntech  indicates. You do need to ensure that you are aware of the precise terms and conditions and that is both for the offer and refunds.   whilst companies may take advantage of the fact that the small print will catch a number of customers out a bit of a stretch to call it a "con".  You would need to prove that a term was not stated on an offer.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @SW23 

I totally understand and appreciate your viewpoint on this as a promotional item coupled with a purchase can be the final pull the trigger type of push that entices the purchase. 

We all like a freebie.

I've been affected before due to the criteria dates of a promotion.

A phone purchased via samsung.com offers a 14 day cooling off period so unfortunately if a person goes over that tineframe Samsung would deny a refund.

I know hindsight is a great thing but it is always advisable to do due diligence and fully check all Small Print and Terms and Conditions both of the purchase and any promotional items.

All that said Samsung wouldn't have to offer anything even the £20 offered as a Goodwill Gesture. I appreciate that wouldn't go near to the actual purchase of the earbuds in question.

More often a form needs to be filled out to claim the promotional item which they then send the item around 30 days later as long as all criteria is met and yes as long as they have stock of the particular colour of the freebie earbuds.

Personally I'd prefer for the promotional item to be sent with the phone which Samsung have done before with past promotions.

Easy for me to say but I fear you'll need to chaulk this one up to a learning curve.

The final decision ends with the Samsung Online Shop Team and the Promotional Team.

It wouldn't harm to ask again but there's no guarantee the situation will change. 

Samsung Promotional Team
Call us at 0333 016 4427
https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/gaming/en-GB/support/contact

I wish you all the best.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

SW23
Student
Options
Hi All, thanks for the responses. I ordered direct from Samsung and whilst I will certainly learn from the experience I am already feeling sorry for others who will fall foul to the same "offer". If they weren't aware that it was out of stock I'm not sure how I should have known.

But of course in this day and age it is perfectly reasonable to expect they knew full well they were out of stock, couldn't honour the promotion but yet didn't end the advertising of it. Seems very unfair to me that they have extracted my hard earned cash (and yes, I'm quite tight and very careful with my spending) with offers they are unable to fulfil. It might only be a little to them but it was a lot for me.

As you say, lesson learned. Will steer clear of Samsung, and offers in general, in the future.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It is frustrating, I know how you feel with my experience. Not Samsung related.
What complicates things a little is that it's normally a third party company that is running the promotions for all the companies.

Sometimes they have very strict criteria to abide by.

I've learned to look into a promotional offer before I purchase a product. As sometimes it will give me the idea to go for it or not
paulBuk
First Poster
Options
If they are still being offered, take a screenshot of the offer and contact ofcom. This is classed under false advertising regardless what the terms and conditions say.
Paul399
First Poster
Options
I purchased am A54 mobile phone via O2 Didcot on 1st May 2023 the seal was free ear buds. To date received nothing and trying to get through to Samsung AND understanding the operator I'd impossible!!
0 Likes
marde
First Poster
Options
How to cleam the watch 6 ? I get samsung ultra? Anyone who has cleam all ready can sheer?
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Congratulations on your new Ultra device (admittedly, I'm not sure whether it's the S23 Ultra, Tab S9 Ultra) @marde. When and from which retailer did you purchase this, please? I ask this, so that I can check the offer terms.

0 Likes