Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External storage query

(Topic created on: 03-02-2024 10:39 PM)
Handymanphill
Explorer
Options
Please could I have some advice. I need to transfer over 70gb of photos/videos from my wife's A series Samsung phone to an external storage device, so she can access them later if needed, but would allow her to start her photo gallery over again. I was originally thinking of using a dongle and connected a usb flash drive to copy them over using the file manage. However I have since read an alternative, a Samsung ssd drive. Apart from being alot more expensive to buy, I was wondering what the pros and cons would be using a SSD drive instead???? 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
If you're planning on using an SSD, the huge benefit will be transfer speeds and possibly better storage/performance/£ value. The downside is that the footprint is considerably larger than a USB stick.
Neo001
Legend
Options

Transfer speed and the storage capacity are the plus points of using an SSD. If you go for Samsung T7 Touch, then you also get fingerprint security.

Handymanphill
Explorer
Options
Footprint? Sorry, what does that mean?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Just means it's larger and takes more space
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
as mentioned above, SSDS have far better transfer speeds, USB do not, Yes the price is a fair bit larger but it is worth it, Plus you can then put alot more on to the drive other than photos, If you want speed and space, then go for the SSD, if you dont mind then go for a usb. id personally prefer the samsung T7 ssd, for the added security.
Handymanphill
Explorer
Options
When you say added security, when the pics and vids are downloaded, the SSD drive would be put away safe at home.
0 Likes
UNKNOWNUSERNAME
Big Cheese
Options
The samsung T7 has a built in biometric fingerprint reader, hence why thats peoples go to for storage. yet again its all down to what you can afford and what you are actually planning on using it for, if your only going to be transferring photos 1 time, then its not much use to you.