Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging issue

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
lifeisbeautiful5
First Poster
Options

Recently I am facing a charging  issue with my galaxy A 30.  It almost take 8 to 9 hours from 20 to 100 % charge. Why? Normally it should  have took 1.5 to 2 hours right? Why is this happening? And what should I do? Everything is working perfectly just the charging issue.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
When did this start happening? Was it recently after an update? If so then please try wiping the cache partition

You will need to plug into a working device or pc/laptop.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @lifeisbeautiful5 

If you haven't already please use a torch to shine inside the charging port to see if there's a build up of lint / debris. 

Also try another reputable charging brick and cord if you can. 

There is a diagnostic test found in the Samsung Members App. 

A Samsung Service Centre can assess the phone too. 

If i can be of any further help please don't hesitate to ask  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DrWage
Pathfinder
Options

Hallo @lifeisbeautiful5 

What exact device do you use for charging your phone?

I agree with , try another charging device first. There should also be a setting for fast charging in the settings?

If the charger does not provide the appropriate “power” or no longer provides it, charging will take place more slowly. Either defective (device, cable, pin....) or other devices were being charged at the same time?

In some cases my devices (other models) also take that long, also 9 to 10 hours from 20% to 85% if they don't fast charge and not enough amps are provided.

Greetings

0 Likes