Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send texts

(Topic created on: 04-01-2024 09:00 PM)
LakR
First Poster
Options
I recently Updated to a new samsung phone. My network set it up with Google as the default Messenger which I have had problems with. I changed it to the Samsung Messenger and for whatever reason, I can't send messages although I can receive them. Can anybody give many ideas as to why this might be and what I can do to solve it. Thank you?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @LakR 

There are two options for sending Samsung messages. 

This js the one I've chosen which works seamlessly.

Screenshot_20240105_053643_One UI Home.jpg

I would also suggest to check that the Messaging Centre Number in your phone to that your network uses.

You can reset your Network Connection via Settings > General Management > Reset > Reset Network Connection.

If you can check your sim card in another phone and then see what happens.

Check with your Network Customer Services that all is OK with your phone.  

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
redsunset2022
Voyager
Options
Hi @LakR. I have in the past experienced problems sending messages using Google or Samsung's Messages app.
This has been due to using the enhanced 'chat' style messages which are more akin to WhatsApp type messages than the traditional SMS messages. Changing the option to not use Chat messages resolves this, meaning messages are delivered reliably. The downside is you lose the enhanced chat features
AndyAquila
First Poster
Options
That's all good and I have checked everything you've suggested. My problem is that my Samsung phone on O2 won't send texts to certain numbers notably competition text numbers. Also when I reply to texts sometimes they will not be sent. Any suggestions please?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@AndyAquila: If you're unable to text premium numbers, then I recommend checking with your network provider to see if there are any restrictions on your account, such as a spend cap. In the meantime, please head to Settings > Apps > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Special access > Use premium text message services > Select the relevant Messages app (if applicable). 

0 Likes