Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken screen - Will a HDMI adaptor help me to see my phone on the telly to unlock it?

(Topic created on: 13-10-2021 09:58 AM)
amberleya
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone,
I tragically shut my car boot door on my Samsung Galaxy A50 and completely smashed the screen. The screen is completely black but the touch function still works as I was able to snooze my alarm every morning before it finally lost battery.

Unfortunately my phone didn't sync all of my images to my new phone, so I've lost a lot. I've tried plugging it into my laptop, but I need to unlock the screen to access any files. If I purchased a HDMI adaptor for my phone and plugged it into my telly, would I be able to see my phone screen on my telly and use the telly screen to see where I'm tapping on my phone to unlock it?

- In case anyone suggests it, I know you can unlock it via google and Samsung find my device website, however, when I got my new phone I stupidly had to change the passwords as I couldn't remember them, so it's now kicked my old phone out.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't think it would show you the phone screen on TV.... It will request you to unlock the screen before it shows mirror screen on TV 🤷
0 Likes
amberleya
First Poster
Options

Ah, I guessed as much. Back to the drawing board then! Thanks for answering.

0 Likes
Spray8k
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20220702-132958_One UI Home.jpg

 If you use the screen shot to work out where to touch for your pin you could unlock the phone to use the usb and your laptop to get the files off.

0 Likes