Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain

(Topic created on: 20-03-2024 10:37 PM)
Eline88
First Poster
Options

Like with several other models, my battery is suddenly draining rapidly. 30 minutes of scrolling on reddit normally costs a few percent but it drained roughly 1% battery life per minute. I had to charge my phone 3 times to get through the day and I didn't even actively use it more than I normally do. This is absurd! Even on battery saving mode it still loses more juice than it did on normal mode yesterday.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

Have you performed a Wipe Partition Cache on your device at all since you got your phone?

Would recommend you do and then give it a few days for your device to re-optimise battery.
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer USBC to USBC (you may also connect to another Samsung mobile via USBC). Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Fez_1989
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my Samsung A52, had it for less than 2 years and its been running perfectly, updated it 2 days ago and since then my phone has been draining battery extremely quick and is very warm to touch! I have tried doing the Wipe Cache Partition thing and it hasn't made a difference!

Its a nice ploy to force customers to buy a new phone, I knew I shouldn't have done the update, this always happens!

0 Likes
Eline88
First Poster
Options

I did earlier today, it doesn't help just yet but I'll give it some time. I did figure out that Quick Share had been activated, turning that off does mitigate the issue. The battery monitor in the settings menu lists Google play-services as the biggest culprit even though it's running in the background 9/10 times.

0 Likes
Eline88
First Poster
Options

Weird thing is, I didn't even did a big software/firmware update, only a small one for whatsapp. Somehow, Quick Share got activated and deactivating that seems to help a little. Haven't done a full factory reset yet though, might try that if nothing changed.

0 Likes