Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
suby67
Journeyman
Options
Hi both myself and my husband have Samsung a34 5g phones. Since the most recent update we have both noticed that our batteries are draining a lot quicker. Has anyone else experienced this? 
4 REPLIES 4
Derbi
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello,

I have been experiencing the same feeling of battery drain (since One UI 6) on my Galaxy S23.

Can't tell if it's really because of the big update, or if i'm just using my phone more..

Went from 1.5 days use to roughly 16 hours, i'm having a hard time finishing the day with any juice left in the battery.

0 Likes
suby67
Journeyman
Options
Sounds like me. Exactly what they have done with the latest update has also reduced our usage to similar to yours.
Mike-alero
Student
Options
Hi
I have the same problem with my Note 20 Ultra. After the latest update, which I installed within the last hour, I've lost 17% battery from a full charge in a ridiculously short time.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@suby67   There can be a bit of Battery Drain  initially after updates as the AI relearns useage patterns. However if this is excessive try this  Troubleshooting.

Sometimes there can be a conflict with 3rd part apps or themes so an idea to start in Safe Mode to pinpoint causes (since these apps are disabled in this Mode) if you have installed many lately.   https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

It is advisable to wipe the cache partition after updates as some temporary cache files become outmoded or even in some cases corrupt.  Follow these steps if this has not been done lately.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or  other Device, Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also Repair Apps from the same Recovery Menu.

If problems persist best to send an Error Report, Samsung Members-Support-Send Feedback-Error Reports.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.