Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain

(Topic created on: 27-03-2024 02:36 PM)
Owen001
Journeyman
Options

There are a lot of people reporting an issue with battery drain across different Samsung Galaxy phones. It appears that a recent Samsung update is causing general issues and Samsung should provide a communication on when this will be resolved.

Up to last Thursday my phone worked normally. Since then the power has been draining at 4 to 5 times the usual rate with root cause being Samsung apps running in the background draining the power.

The issue appears to be widespread.

Samsung - Please advise on when this will be resolved

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Owen001
Journeyman
Options

The issue has been resolved as suddenly as it appeared with. The Samsung Cloud app was draining my battery with the phone being almost un-usable. On Thursday morning, a week after the issue started, it simply disappeared and the Samsung Cloud app now consumes very little power.

During the issue my phone was charging longer each day than it was being used.

Samsung support advised some steps to troubleshoot which I carried out and when those steps didn't resolve it, had said that the phone should be factory reset which I refused to do.

It's now miraculously back to normal a week after the issue started. It's now 24 hours since the last charge and with normal usage the battery still has 34% available which is what it used to be. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
jas123456
Pathfinder
Options
My s23 plus has been draining since the march update for no reason.
ronald526
First Poster
Options

This is happening also to my GALAXY A54 after the March update, i used utilize my phone for almost 16 hrs. Now, maybe after 6 hours my battery power is only 36 percent even if i am not using that much.

Solution
Owen001
Journeyman
Options

The issue has been resolved as suddenly as it appeared with. The Samsung Cloud app was draining my battery with the phone being almost un-usable. On Thursday morning, a week after the issue started, it simply disappeared and the Samsung Cloud app now consumes very little power.

During the issue my phone was charging longer each day than it was being used.

Samsung support advised some steps to troubleshoot which I carried out and when those steps didn't resolve it, had said that the phone should be factory reset which I refused to do.

It's now miraculously back to normal a week after the issue started. It's now 24 hours since the last charge and with normal usage the battery still has 34% available which is what it used to be. 

0 Likes