Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drai fast after update A52s 5g

(Topic created on: 27-10-2022 02:03 PM)
JakaA525g
First Poster
Options

Hey Samsung!

I downloaded the latest software on Saturday 1st October and have had rapid battery drain ever since! When oh when are you going to give your users an opportunity to undo a software update!?  

It's definitely the update that's caused the issue as I have run my device in safe mode and have still lost 20% battery in 2 hour! (A full charge use to last me approx 36hrs!)

What are you planning to do about it?

Can you please reply with when you are releasing a fix for this? (Otherwise I'll have to do a factory reset!)

Kind regards

2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @JakaA525g  It is advisable to wipe the cache partition after updates. This deletes the temporary files  but has no impact on your Data. Therefore it may help with the Battery life.   If you have not done so complete the following steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2.  Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key . In A series should not need to connect to computer.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You can also Repair apps at step 5 from the same Recovery Menu.

However should issues persist can you  can report the issue via Samsung Members-Support-Error Reports.

If there are general  problems a bug fix will be issued at some point, do not have definitive information though.  

if you do Factory Reset obviously ensure your Data is backed up first.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @JakaA525g 

Can you charge your phone to 100% and then use the phone to around 15% battery and then in your Device Care Section under Battery look at the list of apps and the % there using from your battery.

Please screenshot this page with also using the scroll capture option to show All apps and also show your phone's top status bar.

Then upload this screenshot into your thread here so we can see what's going on.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes