Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available WiFi networks?

(Topic created on: 30-10-2023 10:01 AM)
SueInHopsenburg
Journeyman
Options
I got a new a14 (EU version). I can connect to my home network without any problem. But I cannot see any other external available networks, although they clearly show up in my other Samsung devices. I would want to connect to WiFi in other places, not just at home.
A restart and toggling flight mode on and off did not solve the problem. There are no pending updates. I do not want to reset the network settings as it was complicated to set up the home WiFi.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SueInHopsenburg
Journeyman
Options
Update: When I ran diagnostics the WiFi test said there were available networks. BUT when I went to View available networks none except my home one was shown. Can anybody help?
0 Likes
AtshaamY
Options

Hey @SueInHopsenburg

I’d like you to try a soft reset to see if that helps. Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons for 10 seconds until your A14 restarts. If the issue persists, start the phone in Safe Mode by following the steps provided on our website here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/

If that doesn’t help, try to reset the network settings on the phone by going to Settings > General management > Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings > Tap Reset. Doing this will also reset any Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

AtshaamY

0 Likes
SueInHopsenburg
Journeyman
Options
Thanks, will try network reset as last option.
0 Likes
SueInHopsenburg
Journeyman
Options
I reset the network settings. Again I can add my network but it is a 'hidden' network as it's set to not broadcast the ssid. Any other network I would add has an active 'hidden' switch. Could that be the issue? Yet, even when I turn off the router and get the phone to forget my home network, it scans for WiFi networks but doesn't show them. There is definitely a whole gamut of them out there. What's the solution?
If I have to reset entire phone the wifi settings will be backed up and be restored the way they are now?
0 Likes