Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abnormal Battery Drain on my Galaxy A54

(Topic created on: 22-06-2023 03:51 AM)
Kalyanbzr
Journeyman
Options

Facing abnormal battery drain during night time (Idle) on my galaxy A54 & I am utterly disappointed by this. Everything is turned off like offline finding, Use of WiFi, Blutooth for better location accuracy. The phone did well during the first few days. Last night, I turned off everything including location & all. Switched on the battery saver. Cleaned all the apps from memory still endowed with a 13% battery drop. This is pathetic for this kind of premium device. I think Samsung need to look into this matter. So many people are complaining the same. A fix is urgent. 

20 REPLIES 20
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Do you have adaptive lighting ?? Turn it off and set manually.
Wifi and Bluetooth are they needed ?? Turn them off if not in use. Is NFC turned on ?? Turn it off if not used.
Dark mode will help plus screen timeout will also help.Also social media vampire apps are a big battery eaters.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. The A54 is a mid range phone. Samsung's Premium range is the S series especially the ultra just for context.

2. Best to post your battery stats usage from the battery section where it would show which apps are using battery.

If you switched off WiFi and kept mobile data ON it will probably drain more battery then if on WiFi.
3. You need check background data of apps .

If the community is to help you. You need to provide a bit more detail.

Also lots of YouTube videos you can refer on how to best optimise your phone.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
What is showing at the top, under battery settings, in the battery usage list?
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yeah as what others have mentioned.
All depends on what you have installed on your phone.
If you turn off WiFi and data. Apps like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram etc etc will be constantly searching for updates, thus draining your battery.
All really depends on what is showing in the battery settings as the what is using background processing.
Some themes can use a great deal of battery as well, particularly downloaded from unknown sources.
Could always try wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone.
But to best help, more information is needed
Badger42
Helping Hand
Options
If the A54 is still only a few days old it will still be learning the usage patterns for the battery. I normally leave my A54 on a slow charge overnight, but when I don't it can lose between 5 to 10% battery, although I don't turn anything off like WiFi, Bluetooth or mobile. My device protection and malwarebytes also run their scans overnight which is probably the cause of my battery loss when not charging along with emails and social media syncs.
Kalyanbzr
Journeyman
Options

I am a seasoned user. I know there are nothing suspicious in my phone. Overnight battery drain below 10% is normal but lets see I have changed a few settings. Looks good upto this time.

Kalyanbzr
Journeyman
Options

Actually battery usage history does not show any active apps during that particular time. So its all about background process.

Kalyanbzr
Journeyman
Options

Adaptive lighting should not drain battery when the display is off. Its all about night time Idle drain. When everything is restricted then how can it drain upto 15%, below or 10% is normal. NFC off, Offline finding off, wifi & Bluetooth for location accurate off, when everything is off then its a bug I guess.

Snake2208
Apprentice
Options

This is not new , been having problems since launch, I bought it on March and still having issues as well as a lot of people, no official statement, no fix, May update did not work, having a swell time with this phone :/... And in that forum you'll see that is not user apps that causes this.

0 Likes