Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A55 screen colours washed out!

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Parkyi
First Poster
Options
Just got a new A55. An upgrade from my A53 which I was more than happy with, but wanted esim capability. I'm finding that the colours on the A55 are washed out compared to the A53 which is really disappointing, the contrast isn't as good as the A53 and the blacks are not as black. I believe this has been an issue on the S24 and Samsung did a software update to include a vividness slider. Hopefully there will soon be an update for the A55 ! #a55 #washedout #vividness 
4 REPLIES 4
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
If you're still within your cooling off period then consider returning it or asking for a replacement.

I've not seen the phone for myself so I'm not sure if your phone has Adaptive Colour tone or Eye Comfort shield features like the S24. If so then try turning them off as this may improve the display.

I'm quite surprised this model is not up to your expectations and I've not heard any other reports regarding this problem. Please send feedback to Samsung via the members app. The more people complain, the faster Samsung can address it.
0 Likes
Parkyi
First Poster
Options
Hi, cheers. Yes, phone has Eye comfort shield but not adaptive Colour tone, just adaptive brightness. I just can't get it to look like the A53. Hopefully there will be a software update. I'm off to South Korea and japan for 2 weeks now so no time to return it and ask for a replacement. Thanks for your reply.
J297EC
Pioneer
Options
Try settings>display>screen mode and set it to vivid
0 Likes
jxkey
First Poster
Options

I just bought an A35 to replace my A30 and have the same issue. also the green calender icon looks almost blue on this phone. Did you get yours fixed?

0 Likes