Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A54 - Modes and Routines deletes auto on/off timers

(Topic created on: 11-01-2024 11:42 PM)
captainholly
Student
Options

Hi all,

I'm using an A54 and updated to One UI 6.0 about 2 weeks ago.

So I had the work mode from Modes and Routines set up to turn on and off automatically to restrict apps and put my phone on do not disturb during work hours. 

I finished up work for the holidays on the 22nd and turned off the timers then, and since updated to One UI 6.0 on the 24th. Since I came back to work this week, I went to turn the routine back on and found that 2 of my 3 auto timer settings had been deleted so I remade them. Then, it didn't turn back on after lunch as I'd set, so I checked and found that they'd been deleted again. I remade them, but again, found this morning that they'd been deleted. 

I've made sure to press the 'done' button each time in case it was an issue of the timers not saving because I'd pressed the bottom right back button to exit, but they're still being deleted. And they definitely say 'every weekday' when I've set them, so it doesn't seem to think it's a one time setting either.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it? I can turn it on manually but I'm ofren forgetful and don't realise until I've already gotten distracted by notifications that the mode didn't come on, so I'd rather make sure it comes on when I've told it to.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi.

My go to advise after a major update is to factory. Reset the phone and manually install the apps back as and when you need them.

I do use cloud backup like Google One for my other stuff.

This solves any issues as it's a clean install, and the apps are fresh as well.

I know it's a bit extreme, but it works for me.

Alternatively, you can do a WIPE CACHE

View solution in context

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi.

My go to advise after a major update is to factory. Reset the phone and manually install the apps back as and when you need them.

I do use cloud backup like Google One for my other stuff.

This solves any issues as it's a clean install, and the apps are fresh as well.

I know it's a bit extreme, but it works for me.

Alternatively, you can do a WIPE CACHE
captainholly
Student
Options

Hey GoanGeek,

Wiping the app cache seems to have fixed the issue, thanks!