Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 One UI 6 Update Issues

(Topic created on: 09-02-2024 04:34 PM)
RoBro007
Explorer
Options

Hello,

I immidiately noticed the following issues after updating my Galaxy A53 5G # to One UI 6

Network

5G speed dropped from 12-24MBs to 300KBs max. 4G speed dropped from 4-6MBs to 200KBs max.

MEGA speed on 5GMEGA speed on 5GOokla Speed Monitor speed result on 5GOokla Speed Monitor speed result on 5G

Turned on VoLTE after all this time and this is the result:

VoLTE on, 4G+VoLTE on, 4G+

Camera

Sometimes, 64MP photos are warped (16MP for comparison). Holding for photo or not was not the cause for this error.

64MP64MP16MP16MP

Oh lord the front cam 🤢

Photo taken from Front Cam (Edited for obvious reasons)Photo taken from Front Cam (Edited for obvious reasons)   Same view taken from the Main CamSame view taken from the Main Cam

Fingerprint

Fingerprint does not light up randomly. I have to go to lockscreen and then use the fingerprint.

Slightest smudge now interferes with recognizing the fingerprint.

Battery

Idle (Display off) is improved.

Usage is worsened. That does not matter as I was already charging it at least twice a day anyway.

Further Bugs Noticed

• Adaptive brightness is either too dim or too bright when light changes drastically.
  • Gestures are not always responsive. It becomes just scrolling/swiping randomly.
  • Battery heats up using Facebook Lite, goes upto 37°C easy. Previously it was just the processor, battery barely hit 35°C. It's just 2 degrees because I stop using the device at th 37°C warning.
  • Charging is also slow. Takes about 30 mins or so more to charge 10-90%

Things I tried

Resetting Network Settings (Network, Bluetooth, and WiFi) - No impact

Resetting All Settings - No impact

Factory Resetting - No Impact

Do other users have these bugs? What are the fixes/ workarounds you found?

Thanks!

PS: Samsung detected my previous post as spam. I'd like to know why me reporting your bugs became a spam.

RoBro007_0-1707496448132.png

8 REPLIES 8
keith30
Maestro
Options
Probably cos it's getting shown a lot on various feeds
ZakyasButt
First Poster
Options

I am also facing same issues from many time

Shame on You Samsung 

You're not resolving camera photo wrapping issue 

It's useless for us if camera is not working properly 

SpookyGal
Student
Options

I've noticed the same with my camera - I've had so many great shots ruined! 

Fabricio1979
Student
Options

For me this is the worst: Battery life worsened... I'm not a heavy user, and with my regular usage I was able to use phone for more than a day without charging. With this UI6.0 I need to charge twice a day... SoT simply drains the battery. Disabled everything tried all tips we can find here but still pretty bad.

RoBro007
Explorer
Options

Same 😥

It's been 2 months or so, but no fix yet

0 Likes
RoBro007
Explorer
Options

That is just sad.

I couldn't find a common app that mess with the UI either. So I suspect it is the UI itself.

Fabricio1979
Student
Options

I was reading here and there about "Wipe cache partition" and decided to give a try since nothing else helped. I did it and after 2nd full charge seems like I have back something similar to UI5.1 battery life. GSam Battery Monitor was showing drain of 8.3%/h now it's giving me 1.5%/h...pretty decent :smiling-face:

Hope that helps you. 

RoBro007
Explorer
Options

Thank you.

I tried this. Unfortunately, it had no positive effect for me.

Really hope it helped someone else though.