Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 One UI 6 Issues

(Topic created on: 15-01-2024 12:55 PM)
RoBro007
Explorer
Options

Hello,

I immidiately noticed the following issues after updating my Galaxy A53 5G # to One UI 6

Network

5G speed dropped from 12-24MBs to 300KBs max. 4G speed dropped from 4-6MBs to 200KBs max.

Ookla Speed Monitor speed result on 5G:

Ookla Speed Monitor speed result on 5GOokla Speed Monitor speed result on 5G

MEGA speed on 5G:

MEGA speed on 5GMEGA speed on 5G

Turned on VoLTE after all this time and this is the result:

VoLTE on, 4G+VoLTE on, 4G+

Nevermind 😑

Screenshot_20240213_174240_Speedtest.jpg

Camera

Sometimes, 64MP photos are warped (16MP for comparison). Holding for photo or not was not the cause for this error.

16MP:

16MP16MP

64MP:

64MP64MP

Oh lord the front cam 🤢

Photo taken from Front Cam (Edited for obvious reasons)Photo taken from Front Cam (Edited for obvious reasons)

Same view (Panned a little) taken from the 16MP main cam:

Same view taken from the Main CamSame view taken from the Main Cam

Fingerprint

Fingerprint does not light up randomly. I have to go to lockscreen and then use the fingerprint.

Slightest smudge now interferes with recognizing the fingerprint.

Battery

Idle (Display off) is improved.

Usage is worsened. That does not matter as I was already charging it at least twice a day anyway.

(Clarification: A53 5G battery is already bad that I have to charge the brand new device few times a day, after using facebook (lite app), whatsapp, instagram (non-lite app), light browsing (Firefox and Chrome), some calls (less than 30 minutes a day)

Further Bugs Noticed

• Adaptive brightness is either too dim or too bright when light changes drastically.
  • Gestures are not always responsive. It becomes just scrolling/swiping randomly.
  • Battery heats up using Facebook Lite, goes upto 37°C easy. Previously it was just the processor, battery barely hit 35°C. It's just 2 degrees because I stop using the device at th 37°C warning.
  • Charging is also slow. Takes about 30 mins or so more to charge 10-90%

Things I tried

Resetting Network Settings (Network, Bluetooth, and WiFi) - No impact

Resetting All Settings - No impact

Factory Resetting - No Impact

Clearing Cache Partition - UI lags are rare now

Do other users have these bugs? What are the fixes/ workarounds you found?

Why are there a concerning amount of bugs coming from the No.1 Android phone manufacturer, and why are they not yet fixed?

Thanks!

(Below devices were started being hyped by "influencers" about a month after the above update)

Galaxy S24Galaxy S24+Galaxy S24 Ultra

2024.03.22 Update (OneUI 6, Android 14, 01 March 2024 security patch):

Network speed

It looks fine after this update. But I'll have to do more tests as I was inside a star hotel.

2024.03.22 Patch Update2024.03.22 Patch Update

Network Update 2: It seems back to normal. Here are the speeds in "real world" for me:

An area where network coverage is average-high (auto youtube quality is 480p):

4G+ on a highway, traveling at about 80kmh, during rain4G+ on a highway, traveling at about 80kmh, during rain

In an area where network coverage is medium-low (auto youtube quality is 240p)

4G+ at a bus stop4G+ at a bus stop

Camera:

Did not check 64MP. Might check later. (Honestly forgot as I stopped using it)

16MP and Ultra wide which I use are doing just fine.

Fingerprint:

Same issues are still there.

Battery Life:

It is much much worse now.

Usage on 2024.03.21 - Before updateUsage on 2024.03.21 - Before update
2024.03.22 - Before Update2024.03.22 - Before Update
2024.03.23 - Before update2024.03.23 - Before update
2024.03.24 - Date of update2024.03.24 - Date of update

2024.03.25 - 1 Day after the update2024.03.25 - 1 Day after the update

Battery Update 2: Cleaned the Cache partition. Now battery life is back to its original useless self.

2024.04.05 battery usage2024.04.05 battery usage
2024.04.06 battery usage2024.04.06 battery usage

Further Bugs Noticed

• Adaptive brightness is still buggy.
  • Gestures seems to be back to normal.
  • Battery heating up issue is there if the network is unstable (switching between 5G, 4G+, 4G) or coverage is low.
  • Charging is good, but not back to what it was.

Overall, this has been an interesting security patch.

I have one more question though. How are you going to fix the phones that were bricked by your buggy update?

13 REPLIES 13
CountryGirl
First Poster
Options
I've just done this update and I can't even get into my phone now! It asks me to enter sim card pin but doesn't register that I'm tapping on the screen.
When I press the side key and volume down button together I get power off/restart/sos, and at the bottom is a box that says 'side button settings'. That's all very well, but how do I get into it? I have restarted numerous times and still can't get screen to register that I am tapping numbers. Please help!
0 Likes
RoBro007
Explorer
Options

I am new to OneUI and a world where giving out bugs and calling them ️updates

So I'm afraid my expertise is little.

If it is possible, you could keep trying to hard resetting you phone:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-galaxy-smartphone-has-frozen-how-do-i-restart-i...

0 Likes
JordanS
Options

We do thank you for bringing this to our attention @CountryGirl . As a Factory Reset hasn't helped, we would like you to send in a couple of error reports please. That way, we can get our Research and Development team to dive into the coding and get these sorted out for you. 

When sending in an error report, make sure to recreate the issue first, then within 10 minutes, head to Samsung Members > Support > Error reports > Write a full description > Attach any screenshots or photos taken at the same time you recreated the issue > Down at the bottom select Attach System Log Data > Send > Set the phone to one side while the logs compile for sending. 

0 Likes
Timelkam
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have exactly the same issue and Samsung France just told me to send it to the Repair center and to pay for them intervening. I am appelled about this reply. But do I have a choice ?

0 Likes
RoBro007
Explorer
Options

I'm afraid I couldn't find any fix or a workaround. Most phones are bricked or stuck in bootloops, so they have very little motiation to find a fix as well.

0 Likes
RoBro007
Explorer
Options

Sorry for the late reply.

Could you explain how someone sends an error report from a phone that they cannot access?

And if they have to fear losing data, functionality, or even the device itself when we update, what exactly is the solution/service Samsung provides in the first place?

0 Likes
JordanS
Options

Having reviewed our message here, we have realised the reply was to the wrong person. We do apologise for the confusion there. Our error report instructions were meant in reply to your post @RoBro007 , due to the couple of issues you have found following the update.  

We always recommend backing up your data before performing a software update, just for those very rare occasions where complications arise and data is lost. Should the advice and steps given by our wonderful Samsung community not help with a device or product, contacting our Samsung experts is the next port of call. This can be done through Facebook, X or Instagram. We also have a Live Chat service on our website. We can also be contacted by telephone on 0333 000 0333 in the UK, and 0818 717100 in Ireland. 

0 Likes
RoBro007
Explorer
Options

No worries.

As the first step, I did submit the network issue and camera issues through Members app.  I posted here to see if anyone found any workarounds. But.. either they have 0 bugs or going through what @CountryGirl is goin through.

0 Likes
ZR1992
Student
Options

I am facing the same issues with my galaxy A53.. it's a shame that a big company as SAMSUNG didn't fix these bugs yet