Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 any good?

(Topic created on: 13-06-2022 02:33 PM)
LelD
Journeyman
Options
I currently have an S10+ but it's starting to slow and die faster than it used to. It's 2.5years old now. I'm not wanting to pay the prices for the S22. Is the A53 any good? 
12 REPLIES 12
Solution
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@LelD Hello, have you tried to Reset the Galaxy S 10 + to factory settings? Save your personal data before proceeding. This procedure will make your phone work more quickly. You may not want to change it.😀 Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

LelD
Journeyman
Options
Thank you! I'll try that and see how I get on. 😊
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
The a53 isn't really better than your S10 in any way apart from 120hz, even has a slower SOC. even the a52s is a better phone than the a53 as it's cheaper as well as a better soc. replacing the battery on the S10+ is a better option tbh
LelD
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for that. I've tried a factory reset for the time being. Will see how I go with that then will think about getting a new battery. I really like my s10+ no issues with it until now. It's actually my favourite galaxy so far.
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
S10 is a bit outdated but have you tried getting a battery replacement and clearing the cache on your phone if you wanted to go to the A series I would recommend A52s 5G as the A53 isn't a major upgrade from the a52 and a52s and if you get an headphone jack with the a52 if you care about that lol
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@LelD I agree that the s10 is generally the better device and also has better screen resolution,though some have found the battery life on A53 fairly impressive.  obviously replacing the battery an option if the Factory Reset does not improve matters sufficiently. For others pondering comparisons between the two Devices here: https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/mobile-phones/1407169/best-samsung-phone 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

LelD
Journeyman
Options
Thank you 😊
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The S10 runs Android 12 so IMHO is not outdated. Frankly, it's just as good as my S21U except for battery life.
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
Well I don't mean it's outdated as in its obsolete but I wouldn't see it getting many updates after android 12 or 13 if it does then fair play