Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A53 5G One UI 6.0 constant restarts

(Topic created on: 04-01-2024 08:02 AM)
dgholk
Student
Options

Since the update my phone freezes/crashes and restarts itself 10-15 times a day. I can't find any pattern in timing or what I'm doing, it just randomly happens while using different apps or while idle. It often gets a bar of static across the screen and makes a clicking noise when it freezes, and then reboots itself two or three times before being fine again for a while.

21 REPLIES 21
mylittlepony
First Poster
Options
exactly the same issue for me since the last software update
AndrewL
Options

@dgholk @mylittlepony: Please can you try heading to Settings > Device care > Optimise now (if applicable) > Device protection > Scan phone, to see if any apps get flagged. You should also check your Auto optimisation settings, and disable 'Auto restart when needed' if it is enabled. 

Furthermore, please try pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. This will perform a Soft Reset and address any temporary software issues that might be a contributing factor. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. 

0 Likes
dgholk
Student
Options

Device protection isn't an option.

Auto restart is not and has never been on.

Restarting it hasn't changed a thing, still restarts itself on a regular basis. Although sometimes now it turns itself off and doesn't turn itself back on.

0 Likes
Courtjones00
Apprentice
Options
Same issue as I am having with mine, I have also tried all of the above and it hasn't helped a single thing.
0 Likes
JeanJustin
Apprentice
Options

I have the same exact issue

bigD9000
Apprentice
Options

ditto. soft reset doesn't help

0 Likes
Samguinius
First Poster
Options
For me, at least, it seems like it's always on watsapp or a video streaming app like disney+ or youtube. It hasn't always been the case as I've woken up to it restarted, but it definitely doesn't like the apps I've pointed out. My Dad, a tech nerd, has suggested a factory reset. Have to back up all my stuff before trying it, though.
0 Likes
JeanJustin
Apprentice
Options

Sounds familiar, but maybe it's just biased because we mostly use our phoned today for whatsapp and video streaming...

I haven't found a solution yet, the phone is pretty much unusable at this point since it sometimes crashes after a few minutes...

I'm considering a factory reset, but it's my last resort. Also, does this mean I won't be able to install any of the OS updates that have rolled out in the past 2 years? Can I choose to install all of them but the January 2024 one? 

Has anyone contacted (EU for instance) tried to contact Samsung for this issue?

0 Likes
bigD9000
Apprentice
Options

factory reset didn't actually improve things for me ... so I went out and bought a new phone (pixel 8).

If and when Samsung rolls out the next OneUI update  (6.1?), I'll give it a try again to see if it's fixed, as I'm convinced it's a software problem

good luck

0 Likes