Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A52s 5G

(Topic created on: 31-03-2022 06:07 PM)
ExNavyMan
First Poster
Options
Help needed!  Need to connect my a52s, via USB C/HDMI adapter, to my Smart TV.  (Need to use a VPN, not my WiFi!)
A standard adapter doesn't work (MHL?).
Basically, does this phone support USB - HDMI please?
TIA
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes, you need an adapter that supports MHL for it to work.
0 Likes
ExNavyMan
First Poster
Options
Cheers for that...
0 Likes
MaXi32
First Poster
Options

Hello, can you confirm that this phone supports MHL ? The official Samsung website stated that it does not support MHL:

MHL_Not_Support.JPG

0 Likes
MaXi32
First Poster
Options

Please share the adapter that you use. Does it work? (Not streaming over wifi).

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, no it doesn't support mhl which is why you need something like https://www.cablesdirect.co.uk/av-cables-adapters-c477/av-adapters-c485/hdmi-c553/mhl-to-hdmi-adapte...
0 Likes
MaXi32
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply but now I'm getting more confused. That kind of converter I have seen on the net many saying it required MHL enabled phones including the item that you have shown here as example (you can look at the photo description) but this phone does not support MHL?. Why they mention about MHL. Does that mean I only need USB type C to HDMI?. So my questions are:

Why did they say it required MHL enabled phone?

Second question for USB type C to HDMI mostly it required USB 3.1 but this phone only support USB 2.0 as shown in official spec.

I got mixed up review saying the converter does not work and some say it work for this phone. Well I want to try but I dont know which one. The item you shown is an example definitly does not work as it only for micro USB.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi this is what I found https://infos-geek.com/en/comment-connecter-son-telephone-samsung-Galaxy-a52s-a-la-tele/

My understanding was non MHL devices would not work but this suggests finding an adapter specifically for the phone.
I can't test, sorry.
0 Likes
Alex Alani
Student
Options

@Pugs1957 wrote:
Hi this is what I found https://infos-geek.com/en/comment-connecter-son-telephone-samsung-Galaxy-a52s-a-la-tele/

My understanding was non MHL devices would not work but this suggests finding an adapter specifically for the phone.
I can't test, sorry.

With all the due respect, but you sir have no clue what you talking about, and that's typical from Samsung. A52s have never, will never support USB-C to HDMI signal. End of story

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
They will and do support screen mirroring with an mhl adapter. There's no need for snide remarks when it is your knowledge that is lacking. BTW I do not work for Samsung, I voluntarily offer assistance here to grateful people and people like you.
0 Likes