Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 finger print and screen sensitivity

(Topic created on: 01-03-2020 05:31 PM)
Mwatch
First Poster
Options

The finger print sensor barely works?
And the screen registers a tap when I am trying to scroll.....for example on scan.com it keeps selecting an item rather than scrolling. Not all the time but often. You have to be very intentional with the scroll swiping.
Upgraded to new phone because my mate 10 pro battery was dying.
The a51 just sucks. The features could at least work....finger print reader. And trying options for increasing screen sensitivity, enebaling/disabling accidental screen touch settings has made no difference.
I just want to unlock my phone with my finger print and scroll through websites. Too hard to ask for in 2020.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No it's not too much to want things like this to work from any new phone that has these functions @Mwatch 

Sometimes a factory reset helps but it's also fair to say sometimes one ends up with a faulty phone.

Are you within any relevant cooling off period to have the phone swapped out ?

If not go back to the source that supplied the phone and or use a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for hands on help @Mwatch 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Feut
Journeyman
Options

Found this post on XDA developers, maybe it's something you can try:

Download SetEdit app from playstore. Scroll down to heptic feed back. It will say 0. Edit to value 1 and save. Staying even after reboot. Back,home ect works.
Next for crappy fingerprint response do this. Erase all save prints. Now go to settings display and tick on touch sensitivity now go back and add new prints. Now go back and untick touch sensitivity. Mine reads faster and opens usually on first try

0 Likes